Model# MWD24-2U/S Serial# 1201610
OK> After all the scare, all I did was open up the drawer manually, no problem. The customer had me scared, they didn't want the potato stuck and smelling inside, they never tried manually opening.
Now I'm stumped:
This is a 'dead' condition, and I think the problem is on the high side, but can't narrow it down, This is what I know:
1. I found the thermal fuse next to mag was blown, jumped it to proceed with test. Then it turned into a 'runs, but no heat' condition.
1a Ran unit and it was pulling 7.2 amps with my meter...that started me looking into high side.
2. Tested for 120vac at primary side and did have it, OK.
3. Diode checked OK (continuity one way only)
4. Capacitor seems OK, (Analog meter set on RX10k and got the needle to jump)
5. Less than 1ohm between F & Fa, open between F & Fa and ground, no visible damage on mag, passes visual inspection.
6. had around 3 ohms on transformer, primary side.
7. checked monitor and secondary switches, seem OK
8. Stir motor runs OK
9. Regarding noises, no normal noises like you would expect if the mag was working.
any suggestions on where to go next?