Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dryerman45

WHIRLPOOL RANGE HELP NEEDED

4 posts in this topic

DEAR MASTER,

I have a whirlpool range model# GY397LXUS02.I went to customers and the convection fan was running all the time,the bake and broil functions didnt work.I replaced the control timer board and checked bake, broil and self clean functions and everything is working.Also the convection fan stopped running for no apparent reason as well.I get a call back a week later and the cust says that she can bake just fine but when it comes to the end of time that she set for whatever she is cooking the keypad wont work until it cools down.Meaning nothing will function.Iam at a loss unless the board timer assy is bad or she needs the touchpad replaced.

Please help

Thank you,

SAMANERA

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

tech sheet not listed in parts list  :wacko:

I see there is a cooling fan located in the rear of the unit.  No thermostat with the exception of the hi limit.  Although the convection fan motor and element are shown in the wiring diagram they don't show up in the IPL.  Double check the operation of the cooling fan.  If not working it could be responsible for the control issues.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0