Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
sunfunseeker

newer whirlpool duet steam e70 e71 ccu? wfw9500tw02

10 posts in this topic

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... e70 e71

F70, F71 ?

from the tech sheets:

Possible Causes/Procedure

1) Check for continuity of the User Interface harness.

2) Check wire harness connections to the User Interface and the Central Control Unit.

3) Replace User Interface if drum is rotating.

4) Replace Central Control Unit if drum is not moving.

ok   well when it works   drum does rotate      so   well try user interface first    thanks!

you know before i risk    300 dol....     im going to check out ccu relays  and edge connectors/pcb solder...it may be like the older he3 kenmore ccu

could also be a motor control problem, does the unit ever not turn on at all, just giving you 3 beeps when u press power

dont know about 3 beeps but sometimes it will not power on like u said     requiring un plugging and plugging back in ac   then it will respond,this i seen myself  it was just dead,does this mean mcu?      

could also be a motor control problem, does the unit ever not turn on at all, just giving you 3 beeps when u press power

MCU:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Motor-Control-Board/8183196/1257029?modelNumber=WFW9500TW02

Motor-Control-Board-8183196-01584699.jpg

Bad MCU's are usually visibly bad.  Open it up, remove board and will often see a burnt spot.  

Will usually smell bad, too-- like burnt electronics.  

It's common for a bad MCU to give the codes you describe. I've had 3 in the last month just like this. I see a lot of MCU's that don't show any external signs of being bad, and a lot that are cooked.

ok ill check the mcu              dont understand why error code chart makes no mention of this and instead suggest its the ccu heartbeat problem and ccu should be replaced

I don't understand it either and I don't think the engineers at Whirlpool do as well. I concur with Nick, this is a common symptom of a bad mcu. Error codes can be misleading.