Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
RedToryTy

GE washer WCSR2090G5WW overfilling, or GE STILL turning out crap!

7 posts in this topic

To the Dojo,

I've went out on two of these washers (GE close-outs; phasing out all-mechanical washers), and in both cases the problem appears exactly the same. Overfilling, pull the front cover, find a pressure switch hose blackened with gookus; after using a length of hose from my local hardware store, problem solved. Anyone else seeing this in the field?

Thanks in advance,

Tyrus

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

All the time.

Very common. That's an 06 model by the way.

Eric

steamer works good for getting this gunk out...if ya dont clean out the collector box good, you WILL be back for another plugged hose...only way to get at it is from the inside with the basket removed and still it is tough to do. Why does this happen? i figure...1) bad water 2) never using hot water 3) never using bleach 4) piss poor design (typical ge shit)

5) fabric softener

6) too much detergent

also because of the fast stroke of the trans the tub moves back and forth a good deal, if you watch one next time with a good amount of soap in the water, you can see a froth get built up and start going up the hose.  Think about the ones you have seen, i see more with the old style trans then i do with the hydrowave system