Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Home Invasion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

I know this has happened to all of us but it worked out pretty good for me.

A couple of years ago I was running a call for a U-Line undercounter icemaker, not working.  The customer, Mrs. Smith, lived in a gated community with a call box.  After calling her from the gate, she remotely opened the gate and I drove up the road and pulled into her driveway.  There were no numbers on any of the houses in this small community but the GPS on the IPad said I was in the right place.

I knocked on the door and a young lady answered.  I hand her my card and introduce myself saying that I'm there to service the icemaker.  She calls back to her mother that the icemaker guy is here and the mother tells her to take me into the kitchen. 

First she shows me the built-in Kitchenaid refrigerator that wasn't making ice.  I check my work order and it says U-Line icemaker so I ask the girl if they have an undercounter icemaker not working and she shows me to a Whirlpool icemaker and sure enough, it's not working either.  I figure the work order was incorrect or that the customer probably wasn't sure of the make when they called it in so I get to work.  I quickly diagnose a damaged module for the refrigerator icemaker and a bad cutting grid for the undercounter unit. 

By now the mother is in the kitchen with me and is so glad that her husband finally called to have these units repaired.  I tell her that I have both parts on the truck and can have both icemakers up and running shortly.  As I'm getting an estimate ready my phone rings and it's the office.  They tell me "Mrs. Smith opened the gate for you 10 minutes ago and is wondering where you are".  At that point I look at the lady and ask her name.  "Oh, I'm Mrs. Jones", she replies.  "Mrs. Smith is my neighbor".  As I'm apologizing and excusing myself she asks, "Are you coming back"?  Recovering, I say "Well Yes Ma'am, I'll be right back".

A quick adjustment to Mrs. Smith's U-Line and two completed repairs For Mrs. Jones's icemakers.  I might have to get lost more often.

Edited by PDuff, 06 August 2013 - 09:47 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

I know this has happened to all of us but it worked out pretty good for me.

"Mrs. Smith opened the gate for you 10 minutes ago and is wondering where you are". 

U R correct!  Another reason I won't work in an empty house with the door having been left open by owner-- wrong house!!!

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#3 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

i start at 7am

1 morning i got to a house and young kids open the door and let me in

i stand in the open area inside the door

a few minutes go by and the lady of the house comes in fresh out of the shower and says

who the F are you ?

hmm wrong house

Now i never enter a house until i can see or hear the adult of the house

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics