Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 363.58485891 refrigerator not always cycling back on

damper cold control compressor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hoptoad

hoptoad

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

I have a 363.58485891 Kenmore refrigerator, serial number 82825443. The customer complains that it won't cycle back on and to get it to do so, she turns the freezer control (the control on the left) way down, then back up and then the unit starts up. I figured it was a bad cold control, but this control appears to be the damper. How can that start up the unit? She even showed me. It wasn't running when I got there, she did her routine, and it fired right up. I cannot find the wiring diagram on the unit or online.  It takes a WR9X10002 damper assy. and a WR9X571 cold control.

Edited by hoptoad, 09 August 2013 - 11:18 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 bigbuck

bigbuck

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Red Wine

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

Sounds like bad cold control as you said no way that would cycle off refrigerator meaning Damper.It just may me vibrations when she is turning damper control .

#3 hoptoad

hoptoad

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

That's what I was thinking unless the power to the cold control goes through the damper control, but like I said, I can't find a wiring diagram. Grrr...

#4 bigbuck

bigbuck

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Red Wine

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

That damper does not have any electrical wires going to it.May think about changing timer too while your in there.

#5 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,693 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

Sounds like a cold control.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,054 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

Sounds like bad cold control as you said no way that would cycle off refrigerator meaning Damper.It just may me vibrations when she is turning damper control .

Yep, replace the cold control:  http://www.repaircli.../WR9X571/311089

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics