Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE stackable won't drain or spin.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stuball

stuball

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:IPA

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

Model # WSM2700dawww

Original problem when I started messing with the washer: would not drain. Struggled to spin, and of course shut off due to weight of load of water. Small drain holes under aggitator appeared to be clogged with soap residue. Cleaned out, and it would pump out water very slowely. Pump appeared to be weak, so I replaced it. Worked for a couple of weeks, then no pumping or spinning at all. Timer would quit at pump cycle and not advance. Lid switch appears to work as aggitator in wash cycle quits when lid is opened. Lid switch worked when spin cycle was still working. Safety latch for lid switch works as well.  My thoughts were that the timer might be the culprit. I cannot find any reference to pump or spin solenoid on this machine. No power to pump on pump cycle. No pump or spin on any of three dial settings (delicate, permanent press, regular).

Replaced timer. No change, i.e. no pump or spin. Aggitator works fine. Timer stops at drain cycle.

Arrrg. Not ready to give up!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

... Model # WSM2700dawww

... Lid switch appears to work as aggitator in wash cycle quits when lid is opened.

1) GE WSM2700dawww made by Frigidaire

2) there's (2) Switches on the Lid Lock

check the Switches

from GE

http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=947887

Lock-WH12X10216-00983554.jpg

from Frigidaire
http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=916791
Door-or-Lid-Latch-Assembly-134101800--01

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 stuball

stuball

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

I will try bypassing the lid switch (again) before I order. Why would the switch not work when the timer arrives at the drain and spin cycle, yet works fine in the wash cycle?

Thanks for any suggestions.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

... Why would the switch not work when the timer arrives at the drain and spin cycle, yet works fine in the wash cycle?

... there's (2) Switches on the Lid Lock

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 stuball

stuball

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

Correct, the switch and the safety latch, built into one switch...hence the price of the switch. Tonight when I get home I will bypass the switch and see if there is any change.

#6 stuball

stuball

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

I had to tell what happened for any who follow the "won't spin or drain" topics. There were two problems going on, which is what makes for a head scratcher. The first problem that occurred is that the machine would not drain fast enough, so when it went into the spin cycle, it would shut down to protect the motor. There were no clogs in the drain tubing, so I replaced the pump. It worked for about a week then quit draining and spinning. I bypassed the lid switch, even though the agitator worked fine, as well as the safety latch on the lid switch. Then the drain would start. Still not draining fast enough, so the spin cycle would shut down as the motor could not spin the tub with a lot of water in it. Back to square one.

So it hauled the machine outside and filled the tub with water. Took off the pump. It would not drain fast, even with the pump off. No clogs in hoses. Nothing to be seen looking up into the tub drain, so I assumed that the drain holes under the inner tub were clogged. This had happed before with soap residue, so I thought it might be happening again. I had forced water back into the tub with a hose before, and this had worked. But not this time. I was not going to try and pull the tub out to clean it as that would be a huge job, so in a last ditch attempt to find anything, I stuck my hand into the tub drain hole. I felt something fuzzy! So I grabbed the longest needle nose I could find and started pulling cloth lint pieces out. But there was something larger that I could not get to. Finally after about 45 minutes of pulling cloth pieces out, I was able to extract something the size of a NY City rat. It had moved around in the lower tub, so sometimes it drained and other times not. This made for very troublesome diagnosis. It ended up being a bra wire that had lots of lint matted around it. The bra wire slipped through one of the holes to get past the inner tub.

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,160 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

Good find!  Thanks for posting it.   :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics