Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
PodtheMan

GE Thermador Range - keeps sparking

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

My on my GE Thermador gas range, if I turn on one burner, the other three keep sparking the entire time the one is on. Since the gas is off, they don't ignite but the constant clicking is getting annoying. Any ideas?

thanks,

Mark

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Mark,  you need to post a model number.  Usually when you have this symptom it's because one of your burner valve switches are bad.  Some of these switches run in a harness and some are individual.  Since I don't have a model number I can't tell you how yours is.  It's not a hard repair...Ron

Thanks - Had to dig around a bit in the old files... It's a model GGS30 "ExtraLow Gas Cooktop". Is this something I can get to from the top or would I need to remove the oven (electric) that is directly below it?

Regards,

Mark

OK Mark,  This is a cooktop,  I don't have a picture of this unit but if my memory serves me well you have the burner controls on top,  center front.   If this is correct then you would service this from the top meaning you would remove the burners and control knobs and lift the glass to access the switches.   It's possible  some other tech might have a diagram to confirm this.  In any event,  make sure to cut power before getting in there...Ron

Ron,

Thanks for the info. I think there are dogs under the counter top that I have to unscrew to lift the top. This means pulling out the range - oh well. I think the main offender is the right front burner - do you think it's the switch or solenoid?

Thanks,

Mark

Your welcome Mark,  my bet it's a switch...Ron

Ron,

Is there any way to test the switches or do I just buy one and keep moving it until it works? Also, how much are the switches?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi, i have a thermador GGS30 gas cooktop. everything works fine except the front left intermittent burner isn't getting gas to it. the igniter works, but no gas flow.  thanks