Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dacor Vent System ERV36 and ERV48

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jlb813

jlb813

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

I have a customer who says the exhaust fan lift motors do not work on either unit. She says the 36" model makes no noise at all when it is supposed to lift, and the 48" makes a grinding noise but does not lift. The fan motors work on both units. This customer is very far from my shop so I would love to be able to take parts with me. I have not been able to find a service manual so any info would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by RegUS_PatOff, 14 August 2013 - 10:34 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

models ERV36 & ERV48
but not models: ERV36-ER, ERV48-ER ?
and which Rev A, B, C, etc ?

http://appliantology...r-vent-erv-prv/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

Most problems I've seen with the Dacor downdraft have been with the power board, located bottom/right corner of periscope housing.  As far as the grinding noise, it's gotta be the motor or drive arm.  Might check and make sure the grease filters haven't dropped into the unit.

#4 jlb813

jlb813

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

Thanks for the replies. I have a call in to the customer to see if there is any more info on the model number. If I can get the full number, maybe I can get a parts diagram.

#5 jlb813

jlb813

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

My customer just sent me the following message:

What I have off of them is Model #:ERV48 Serial #:R-H-07 460058
For Use Only with Cooktop Models ESG486 or EG486

Model #: ERV36 Serial#: R-G-07460104
For Use One with Cooktop Moels ESG366 or EG366

These are right off the labels

I don't know if this helps better identify them or not.

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

ERV36 Serial#: R-G-07460104
ERV48 Serial #:R-H-07 460058

from the link posted above:

Dacor Vent ERV PRV
wiring diagrams
WD_ERV-PRV_Gen_2_2012-01-27
• ERV30, ERV36: Rev G, Rev H and Rev I
ERV48: Rev H, Rev I and Rev J
• ERV36-ER, ERV48-ER: Rev A and Rev B
• PRV30, PRV36, PRV46: Rev E and Rev F

parts catalog
PC_ERV-PRV_20130502-Web

SM1004 Rev A ERV-PRV Downdraft Service Troubleshooting Guide

106739 Rev B Motor Rewiring Kit Instructions

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 jlb813

jlb813

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for all of the info/help. Just to update the status, I went on this call Friday. The unit that was not making any sound had an electrical problem with the snorkel switch plus the pin that attaches the motor to the lift arm had come out. The second unit that was making the grinding noise has a bad lift motor. The motor turns, but it cannot lift the vent. The vent can be lifted by hand, but something inside the motor is slipping and will not lift the vent. While I was there, the customer showed me a puddle of water in front of his Sub-Zero refrigerator. I found the evaporator drain in the FF compartment was clogged and cleared that for them. Just thought I would add that so that if anyone else sees that kind of problem, the evap drain would be a good place to look first.

#8 jlb813

jlb813

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

I am still having trouble with the 48" downdraft. I have replaced the snorkel switch and the relay. The problem is that the blower motor comes on in the lower position and cuts off in the upper position (just opposite of what it should do). Before replacing those parts, the blower came on in the lower position and stayed on in the upper position. Now when I plug the unit in, I here the relay click and power goes to the blower. I would think that click should not occur until the unit is in the raised position. By the way, the 36" unit works properly (I changed the lift motor on that unit) and I do not here anything when I plug it in. I am wondering if I need to install the motor re-wiring kit PN 701322. The new motor that I installed on the smaller unit, came already rewired. I don't know if replacing the snorkel switch and relay meant I should rewire the motor or not. Any ideas?

#9 jlb813

jlb813

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Final update. It turns out the information the customer sent me had the serial numbers reversed. Therefore, the 48" unit was revision "G" and not "H". That meant that the switch and relay I installed were the wrong parts. After tracing the wiring, I realized it was wired per Rev. G. I had suspected that could be the case so I had purchased the correct parts and took them with me (this is a 2-1/2 hour trip one way). After putting on the new switch and relay, the unit worked like a champ. All is well that ends well. Thanks for all your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics