Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Coin-Op washer CAM2752TQ3 only fills 4-5" of water in tub

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 frunch

frunch

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:River Horse Hipp-O-Lantern Pumpkin Ale

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Got a call from a customer with a relatively new (less than 1 year old) Whirlpool coin-op washer where it's only filling the tub with approximately 5 inches of water. Haven't been out there to check it out yet, but thought I'd see if anyone has any suggestions where I might start looking for the source of the problem. I can see this washer incorporates 2 water level switches, so I figure that will be the place to start. I'll be going to check them out within the next day or 2, so I'll report back with any further information I can gather. Again, the model # is CAM2752Q3 and it is a coin-op direct-drive Whirlpool washer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Trevor

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 fairbank56

fairbank56

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

If this is only happening on the rinse cycle, that is normal operation. The second pressure switch is for rinse level which is very low to meet government regulations regarding water usage.

Eric

#3 frunch

frunch

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

Well, I just got a chance to take a look at it today, and I believe Eric might have this one nailed. It is filling to the appropriate height for the wash cycle when the machine is first started, approximately 5” from the top of the tub on the large load size setting. I was misinformed that it was only filling with 5” from the bottom of the tub. This is why it pays to see the problem with your own peepers. Anyway, the other complaint was that it wasn't filling the tub completely in the rinse cycle. I've verified that it is filling only about half the tub in rinse, which is the amount of water the machine fills with on the small load size setting. It sounds like this is normal operation, and that this is part of the energy efficiency laws. Users complain the rinse is leaving suds or soap residue on their clothes. Should I suggest using less soap and possibly 'HE' soap?

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

http://appliantology...her-cam2752tq3/

Whirlpool Washer
CAM2752TQ3

Repair Part List - W10436974

Wiring Sheet - W10135801 - Rev B

FEATURE CONNECTOR 2
CONNECTION LOCATION

FEATURE CONNECTOR 2 TO BE USED ONLY ON UNITS SOLD OUTSIDE OF UNITED STATES.
FOR DEEP FILL RINSE WHEN LARGE WASH CYCLE IS SELECTED,
FEATURE CONNECTOR TO BE PLUGGED INTO V-Y WIRE FROM TIMER SWITCH 10A

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 frunch

frunch

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for the info and link RegUS! I referred the warranty service since the machine was under a year old, but I may wind up going back. If I do, I will certainly try your suggestion.

Thanks!
Trevor

#6 fairbank56

fairbank56

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

What suggestion? I didn't see any suggestion :wink:

#7 frunch

frunch

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

Sorry, that was directed at RegUS--referring to a wire connection that will enable a 'deep rinse'. I appreciate your input, though! It helped greatly when I went and took a gander at the machine.

Trevor

#8 fairbank56

fairbank56

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

I was joking. The low rinse water level is a government regulation so rather than suggesting that you defeat that, we inform you that it is legal to do so if the unit is used outside of the U.S. Now you know that it can be easily defeated for international use. Whether you choose to do that is totally up to you. By not outright suggesting you defeat the low level rinse, we are not liable for your actions. Same goes for lid switches. We tell people how to defeat the lid switch for testing purposes only. If one chooses to leave it that way, it's on them if anybody gets hurt. We're just covering out butts :wink:

Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics