Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hoosier56

Maytag PAV3360AWW weirdest thing happened

5 posts in this topic

I put a load in on the "oversize" setting. All went well until it filled on the rinse cycle and just stopped with nothing happening. I bailed out the water and removed the clothes. When I closed the lid it started agitating-not spinning.

I reset the machine and started it again and all was normal. I put half the load back in to rinse and right now all is going along normally.

I saw the answer about the lid switch, but it agitated with the lid open just like normal.

I'm more than a bit perplexed. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Thanks to all!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I put a load in on the "oversize" setting. All went well until it filled on the rinse cycle and just stopped with nothing happening. I bailed out the water and removed the clothes. When I closed the lid it started agitating-not spinning.

I reset the machine and started it again and all was normal. I put half the load back in to rinse and right now all is going along normally.

I saw the answer about the lid switch, but it agitated with the lid open just like normal.

That does not eliminate the lid switch as a problem. By now though you must know if it does go into spin? If so then we must consider the dreaded timer, especially since it started agitating out of turn last night.

Then again, you might have an off-balance switch. Was the machine shaking badly?

Then again, you might have an off-balance switch. Was the machine shaking badly?

It did shake a bit when it spun the water after the wash cycle. But when I redistributed the load, it seemed to stop shaking, spin the wash water out and refill with the cold rinse water. It was at that point it stopped agitating. To clarify, it was after I unloaded the machine, bailed out most of the water that I accidently hit the button and it started again. I had manually moved the switch to the spin cycle while I was trying to get the machine to start again. It didn't start spinning while set in the regular rinse mode. when it started spinning it was in the spin cycle. I haven't tried to use it since.

It would have to be quaking like doomsday was upon it to set off a balance switch (if it has one). I'm a little confused as to the circumstances of failure, though. Either it spins or it doesn't.

You may have to just watch this thing all the way through a couple of regular cycles. It should have an Extra Rinse selector. Try that for one of the cycles.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0