Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag PAV3360AWW weirdest thing happened

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hoosier56

Hoosier56

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

I put a load in on the "oversize" setting. All went well until it filled on the rinse cycle and just stopped with nothing happening. I bailed out the water and removed the clothes. When I closed the lid it started agitating-not spinning.

I reset the machine and started it again and all was normal. I put half the load back in to rinse and right now all is going along normally.

I saw the answer about the lid switch, but it agitated with the lid open just like normal.

I'm more than a bit perplexed. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Thanks to all!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jb8103

jb8103

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Ginger ale

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

I put a load in on the "oversize" setting. All went well until it filled on the rinse cycle and just stopped with nothing happening. I bailed out the water and removed the clothes. When I closed the lid it started agitating-not spinning.

I reset the machine and started it again and all was normal. I put half the load back in to rinse and right now all is going along normally.

I saw the answer about the lid switch, but it agitated with the lid open just like normal.

That does not eliminate the lid switch as a problem. By now though you must know if it does go into spin? If so then we must consider the dreaded timer, especially since it started agitating out of turn last night.

First, do no harm.

#3 jb8103

jb8103

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:15 AM

Then again, you might have an off-balance switch. Was the machine shaking badly?

First, do no harm.

#4 Hoosier56

Hoosier56

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

Then again, you might have an off-balance switch. Was the machine shaking badly?

It did shake a bit when it spun the water after the wash cycle. But when I redistributed the load, it seemed to stop shaking, spin the wash water out and refill with the cold rinse water. It was at that point it stopped agitating. To clarify, it was after I unloaded the machine, bailed out most of the water that I accidently hit the button and it started again. I had manually moved the switch to the spin cycle while I was trying to get the machine to start again. It didn't start spinning while set in the regular rinse mode. when it started spinning it was in the spin cycle. I haven't tried to use it since.

#5 jb8103

jb8103

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

It would have to be quaking like doomsday was upon it to set off a balance switch (if it has one). I'm a little confused as to the circumstances of failure, though. Either it spins or it doesn't.

You may have to just watch this thing all the way through a couple of regular cycles. It should have an Extra Rinse selector. Try that for one of the cycles.

First, do no harm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics