Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Magenta#90

WTW4950XW1 F7/E1 error

6 posts in this topic

PREVIUOUS TECH REPLACED SHIFTER AND LID LOCK. I CHECK FOR BINDING IN THE DRIVE SYSTEM, FOUND NO  PROBLEM, MOTOR HUMS BUT NO START, CHECK CAPACITOR IN WITHIN RANGE 53 Microfarads, splusch fine, i just found a little bit of oil in the splusch, I' getting an F7/E1  i' m thinking of bad transmission, i would check the motor winding and try to perform Test#3a 3b, but customer is considering replace the machine after less then 2 years, but a shame for this new products, looks like a Calypso rerun, any advice. Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Broken wires at wire tie-down points are common especially between motor and capacitor and the coil of wire.

Eric

I did one the other day with same symtoms and it turned out being what fairbanks posted.

It can be the ring inside the gearcase that the actuator uses to read basket movement. The ring breaks free of it's internal mount and does not turn with the basket.

x 3 on broken wires

Got the machine in my shop, found broken red wire in the wire-tie down  point of the red coil wire , since she gave to me after less than 2 years, i'm going to use for training.