Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Amana Oven Control Board 31944801 - how to get replace

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 vudutu

vudutu

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

Looks like my Amana gas oven ACS3350AS control board is shot. The more temp/timer button in the upper right is not functioning, can't increase temp from default 350 or set the timer. feels like it may be bad button or flat out busted. Parts are not available so I need to get it out to see whats up and perhaps ship off to be repaired. I have seen prices from $116 to $200.

Q 1 - How do I get the stove apart to get to it.

Q2 Anyone have a suggestion/review as to a repair service .

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

Rear panel of console is removed to access control.  Fixyourboard is a Brother and may be able to help with the control repair.  If not, contact CG Industries 866-737-2244.

#3 vudutu

vudutu

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

Thanks Senpal, I will do some more looking at the stove and googling on the disassembly, so far I don't get a vision on removal.  I'll check these guys out. Come on, Bud Ice? You know who owns these guys,  :rolleyes: check out some local brews.

Thanks!

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

see PDF page 41

different procedure for Slide-in / Free-standing

http://appliantology...ngslide-in-gas/

M0312601-00005.png

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 vudutu

vudutu

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

My stove is a slide in. Anyone know how to get the ^%##@%^ top off the stove to get to the control panel. I pulled it out 6 inches, took out all the screws I thought would help, googled the heck out of this, looked at the parts list, cant find it, do I have to pull the stove completely out ?

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

PDF page 41 of the service manual:

Maintop Removal–Slide-In
1. Turn off electrical power and gas to the range.
2. Disconnect gas and power from unit.
3. Remove screws securing top surface burners.
4. Remove surface burner and disconnect spark ignitor wire from surface burner.
5. Raise and remove maintop from unit.

#7 vudutu

vudutu

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Thanks but there are no screws on the surface burner

#8 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Thanks but there are no screws on the surface burner

Screws # 16 (on each Burner)

M0312601-00004.png

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,824 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

What you may run into that the burner screws (#16 in the diagram above) may be phillips screws (older units) and badly rusted.  Only way to get 'em out is to drill 'em out.  PITA!  And the burner cap may not sit right afterwards.  

#10 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

I had to replace an erc on a similar electric Magic Chef slide-in.  Jumped in head first without the benefit of the service manual.  Thought I might find a shortcut to drop the control panel without pulling the unit and removing the top, but alas, there was no shortcut.

You've got the unit out six inches so that should be enough.  You may find a couple of hidden screws near the end caps that will secure the top of the console but you're gonna have to pull the maintop to access the rear control panel.  And as Samurai advised, the screws in the burner heads will have to come out.

#11 vudutu

vudutu

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

I am so wrong, there are screws down in each burner, the burners hold the top on? I got the end cap screws out and the ones behind the knobs. I will have at the burner screws tonight and report back. fortunately they are clean and no rust. I just hope after all this the board is repairable because I sure can't find a new one.  

Thanks!

#12 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,824 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

Take photos and let us know how it goes!

#13 vudutu

vudutu

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

Got the top off no problem, just stunned that all that holds the top on are the surface burners and the flimsy brackets they screw into.

Turns out the oven control panel itself appears to be fine. Problem is with a black plastic cover that snaps over it and has a series of 10 plastic flexi thingies that sit between the back of the surface touch overlay and the surface mount buttons on the board. When you touch "more" on the surface mount this engages the button.

My problem is the "more" flexi thingy is broken off. This flexi thingie cover does not appear on the parts diagram nor on the parts list so I assume it is/was available only as part of the oven control panel which of course is no longer available. 

So plan A is

#1 - Cut out the "more" square on the overlay (it was cracked anyway, this is probably why flexi thingy broke) put everything back together and for now use a pencil eraser to poke the more button. 

#2 - Start calling/emailing the people who repair controls to see if by chance they have any of theses left from unrepairable controls. 

#3 Go pop a La Fin Du Monde...

http://www.ratebeer....-du-monde/1094/

And cogitate on how I can fix or hack flexi thingie thing.  3D scan and print the part? Glue a frame on the back to hold a wood block to replace flexi thingie? 

#4 - find the real name for or come up with a better name for flexi thingie.

#14 vudutu

vudutu

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

Well stove is back in operation, anyone have any idea what "flexi thingie" is called or where to find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics