Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Neptune MAH6700AWW

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jkirksey1889

jkirksey1889

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

Went on a call today where before I got there felt sure it needed a new drain pump.  Here's the deal:

Unit will drain, then stop, then start to drain again, then stop, then drain some more, etc. 

Customer says at some point it will give ND error code (No Drain).  Or it may eventually start spinning. 

Today while I was there it went through that same scenario, then after it stopped and did nothing for about 2 minutes it started to spin.

While draining I looked at the hose while it was sending water down the house drain and the water pressure was very strong.  There doesn't seem to be any problem with the drain. 

What part on this unit senses whether there is water in the tub or not?I 'm thinking this may be the problem? Is it different than the pressure switch?  The pressure switch seems to work for filling the washer.    

Stumped.  Please help.

Thanks.

Edited by jkirksey1889, 16 August 2013 - 12:59 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Shot in the dark, but, I had one of these hateful bastards kind of with the same symptoms...sometimes drain some times not. I took the drain pump loose and found in the inlet hose, a damn quarter....the coin was to big to make it into the pump ,but just the right size to pivot around in the opening... some times on end (great pump flow), sometimes flat (blocking flow completely)....worth a look.
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 jkirksey1889

jkirksey1889

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

Shot in the dark, but, I had one of these hateful bastards kind of with the same symptoms...sometimes drain some times not. I took the drain pump loose and found in the inlet hose, a damn quarter....the coin was to big to make it into the pump ,but just the right size to pivot around in the opening... some times on end (great pump flow), sometimes flat (blocking flow completely)....worth a look.

Thanks for the advice but the way it happened while I was there, but of course it worked too, however, it still kept trying to drain and I was there to verify that all of the water had been drained out.  It cycled the drain pump at least 6 or 7 times, took about a 2 minute break, then started spinning.  But liike I said, according to the owner, sometimes it would cycle the pump 6 or 7 times then give the ND code. 

When there really is a drain problem, which part tells the control that there is still water in the tub?  Would it be the pressure switch? 

Thanks again.

#4 jkirksey1889

jkirksey1889

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Anyone?  Remember, I was there when it was draining, there was not a drain problem.  When the drain pump came on water was pumped out wide open.  It didn't work properly while I was there.  What part tells the control board there is a drain problem, when there is a drain problem.  When there is a drain problem, how does the control board know it?  It seems to me that the part that tells the control board that there is a drain problem is the part that is bad.  I think it's telling the board there is water in the tub when there isn't. 

Thanks.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

When it stops draining, is the pump still getting voltage?  If it is, then the pump is failing under load.  Not uncommon in these dinky little drain pumps:  http://www.repaircli...mber=MAH6700AWW

Drain-Pump-34001340-01025658.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics