Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
wthamil

Maytag Centennial, trouble spinning?

2 posts in this topic

We have a Maytag Centennial, Model# MVWC400XW0, that was left in the house when we moved in.  Been fine for 2 years.

A couple of weeks ago, loads started coming out soaked.  Drain ended up being fine, and there was no standing water.  A few times my wife put it on a drain and spin cycle, and that would help, but it no longer does much.

So of course, I took it apart. Tub has no trouble spinning, and no other problems with the motor, actuator, or shifter cam were obvious.  I downloaded the tech manual off this site yesterday (awesome) and did some testing and diagnostics.  With no load, I ran the automatic test cycle and everything seemed to be fine.  Then I manually tested the spin and agitation, and again, everything seemed OK.

I thought maybe there was a wire loose somewhere, and that messing with them I had put it back, so I tried a load with some towels.  They again came out soaked.  I put it in manual test for high spin with the wet towels in it, and the tub spins, but not anywhere near top speed.  Could the problem be in the motor?

Before I get out the multimeter and start prodding the control board, any ideas what could be the problem?  Is it possibly the tachometer?  Thanks in advance.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

One more detail, its putting out fault codes for "Basket Speed Sensor Fault," and "High Water Temperature - Rinse Cycle."