Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Bonesy

GE fridge, warm, DE flashing light, freezer is cold

7 posts in this topic

I have a GE side by side model TFS28PBDA BS , serial number SZ202273 fridge. 

I noticed a few days ago that the DE diagnostic light was flashing.  Today, the whole fridge compartment (right side) warmed up.  The freezer side is fine.  I pulled the fridge away from the wall and vacuumed up.  There is a fan near the bottom blowing out warm air.  The freezer side makes the same noise as it always has.  I hear a fan running.  There is a slight fuzzy ice buid up along the back side of the freezer.  I don't know how to check the freezer coii or where it is for that matter.

Thanks for reading,

Bonesy

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Defrost system failure. First guess,faulty defrost heater. Second guess would be defrost timer.

If I manually defrost the evaporator coil, how long before it just freezes up again?  Also, how in the world do I get to that thing?  I can't seem to figure it out even with the freezer empty.

To access the evaporator, remove the ice bin and shelves from the freezer.  Remove the six screws that secure the evaporator cover and disconnect the ground wire.  Remove cover.  Remove the two glass tube defrost heaters from the middle and bottom of evaporator and visually inspect for damage.  Using an ohmmeter you can check for continuity of the heaters after disconnecting the wires.  Replacement heaters may come as a kit which includes defrost thermostat and wire harness.