Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidire FAFW4011LB0

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jenniferlynnfretz

jenniferlynnfretz

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

Here are my smptoms on my less then 18 month old washing machine  :dry: 

Normal and Bulky Cycles- no spin speed light turns on. 

Heavy, casual and delicate cycles, the spin speed light is on. 

All other lights seem to be workable and functioning correctly.

Washer begins to fill with water, begins to spin, runs for a few minutes but no time goes off of the timer, the the timer switichs from 45 minutes to three minutes and drains the water.

I don't think the washer is filling with enough water but I am not sure of that.  It does bring enough water in to empty the soap from the dispenser. 

I have a few times gotten it to run a full casual cycle of 32 minutes but there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to that. 

Right now the casual cycle has run from 32 to 30 minutes and is sitting making a humming noise doing nothing...it just dropped down to three minutes..

it seems relatively loud but that could just be me- because I have four kids and i usually never just sit and listen to the washer- they usually drown out the sound of the washer.

The dryer had been stacked on top of the washer- it is not anymore...I don't know if that could have cause any problems.

I can run a spin only cycle (takes 15 minutes) just fine- it spins and the clothes come out seeming damp but not soaked.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

any error codes ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 jenniferlynnfretz

jenniferlynnfretz

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

Where would an error code show up?  Nothing shows up on the screen where the minutes appear- but I am not sure if that is what you mean.  I havent taken anything apart yet because I don't know what to look for. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics