Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher Paykel Stops during rinse cycle

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fixenstuff

Fixenstuff

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Any good IPA

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

I have a Fisher Paykel GWL15-96155A which now stops at the rinse cycle (I think) and starts beeping.  I get the a wash light, rinse light and spin light (see attached picture).  Anyone know what this means?  Is  it an error code?

?ui=2&ik=f7fb16bd10&view=att&th=14093f97

Thanks in advance for any help

Tom G.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

?ui=2&ik=f7fb16bd10&view=att&th=14093f97

Add Gmail to your Google Account

NameFirst nameFirst
Last nameLast
Choose your Gmail address @gmail.com

By completing this form, you're upgrading to Gmail, email from Google.

Gmail works on any device, blocks spam, and much more.

You'll be able to sign in using your new Gmail address, which will become the primary email address associated with this account. We'll send account updates, invitations, and other notifications to your Gmail address.

will become an alternate email address on this account, and you'll still be able to sign in with it.

If you prefer, you can create a new Google Account with email, and leave this one as-is.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

Can't see your picture, you appear to have placed it as a direct link into your Gmail account, which doesn't work for other people to see it.

Probably is Fault 37.  Pump blocked ... which doesn't necessarily mean that the pump *is* blocked, it just means that the machine is supposed to be draining and the controller board senses that the water level in the tub is not dropping.  Most common cause is the diverter valve is clogged or jammed in recirculate mode, which sends the pumped water back into the tub instead of to the drain.

Follow this procedure to retrieve the recorded Fault Code.

- With power off, press and hold Wash Temp Down, then press Power at the same time.

- Should get two beeps and the panel comes on (Diagnostic Mode)

- Press Spin Speed Up repeatedly until BOTH Hold and Slow lights are on (press Spin Speed Down to back up if you overshoot the mark)

- Then note which of the eight Wash Progress lights are lit, from left to right (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) and report back here.

- Press Power to exit Diagnostics

#4 Fixenstuff

Fixenstuff

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for the information and procedure to retrieve the fault codes. After following your instructions the 3rd, 6th and 8th light are illuminated. So what is the prognosis doctor?

#5 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

3rd light = binary 32

6th light = binary 4

8th light = binary 1

32 + 4 + 1 = Fault 37

Likely the diverter valve as noted above ... but could also be the pump really is clogged with lint/debris.

Pump removes without tools.  Unplug the machine, tilt back for access beneath.  Disconnect the pump wires.  Find a thumb latch on the metal mounting bracket, hold it released and rotate the entire pump counterclockwise to dismount it (bayonet mount).  Have a towel ready in case of residual water.  Examine up in the tub outlet for a wad of debris ... and around/under the impeller for accumulated lint/strings/hair.  Lube the seal face around the impeller with a bit of liquid detergent to ease rotating the pump back into position when remounting.

The diverter can be tested via Diagnostics.

- Get into Diagnostics as per above.  Don't press the Spin buttons.

- Press Delicate cycle button to activate the diverter.  Takes 1 to 2 mins for it to shift position to recirculate mode.  There's no indication when it shifts, have to wait the requisite time.

- While waiting for the diverter, press Wash Temp Down to run the cold valve, fill enough water to see it coming up on the agitator skirt.

- When ready, press Regular cycle button to run the pump.  Water should recirculate back into the tub from the port at top/right beneath the tub cover, and NONE from the drain hose.

- Press Delicate and Regular to turn off the diverter and pump.  Wait 3 mins for the diverter to shift back to drain mode.

- Press Regular to run the pump again.  Water should flow out the drain hose, NONE from the recirculation port.

- If in either case water pumps to where it shouldn't, dismount the diverter and check if the actuating arm is broken or it's clogged with lint/debris.

The diverter is a triangular-looking device mounted under the tub near the pump.  It should be inside a protective plastic cover with a couple wires and three hoses attached.  Pay attention to how it's mounted so as to remount it the same way.  If mounted wrong the recirculate and drain flows would be reversed.

#6 Fixenstuff

Fixenstuff

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

After following you excellent instruction this is were I stand. I removed the pump and diverter; no blockage. I ran the test sequence and it all went OK until the final step to drain the tub. It ran for awhile, partially draining the tub, then stopped. After 5 minutes or so I could run again for about 30 seconds. Repeated a 3rd time to drain. Lifted up washer, pump motor seemed hot.

Tried to run a small load of laundry, same thing, stops before rinse and only drains part way, put on hold wait 10 minutes pump runs and turn back on, pump runs.

I am guessing I have a bad motor. Your opinion?

#7 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

Yes, bad pump.  Your previous details weren't clear that the pump is shutting down and restarting.  It has thermal overheat protection that resets when it cools.  Strongly suggest you don't run the machine any further until the pump is replaced.

#8 Fixenstuff

Fixenstuff

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

Just wanted to follow-up.  Installed the new pump and fuse kit (comes with pump as part of upgrade).  Definetly fixed the original problem but after the 2nd load it blew the 2.5 amp fuse.  Ran a third load and same thing happened.  Replaced the 2.5 amp with a 5 amp fuse and 20 plus loads later no problems.  So this may not sound proper but given that there was no fuse from the factory and I ran it that way (solid wire) for years my thinking is 5amps works and it is better than a solid wire.  Given a true fault I am sure the 5 amp will work.

Also when I went to install the fuse I found the wiring diagram and fault codes which other readers might find helpful.

Anyways, thanks again so much for your help and spot on diagnoses.  It save me a lot of hassle and time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics