3rd light = binary 32
6th light = binary 4
8th light = binary 1
32 + 4 + 1 = Fault 37
Likely the diverter valve as noted above ... but could also be the pump really is clogged with lint/debris.
Pump removes without tools. Unplug the machine, tilt back for access beneath. Disconnect the pump wires. Find a thumb latch on the metal mounting bracket, hold it released and rotate the entire pump counterclockwise to dismount it (bayonet mount). Have a towel ready in case of residual water. Examine up in the tub outlet for a wad of debris ... and around/under the impeller for accumulated lint/strings/hair. Lube the seal face around the impeller with a bit of liquid detergent to ease rotating the pump back into position when remounting.
The diverter can be tested via Diagnostics.
- Get into Diagnostics as per above. Don't press the Spin buttons.
- Press Delicate cycle button to activate the diverter. Takes 1 to 2 mins for it to shift position to recirculate mode. There's no indication when it shifts, have to wait the requisite time.
- While waiting for the diverter, press Wash Temp Down to run the cold valve, fill enough water to see it coming up on the agitator skirt.
- When ready, press Regular cycle button to run the pump. Water should recirculate back into the tub from the port at top/right beneath the tub cover, and NONE from the drain hose.
- Press Delicate and Regular to turn off the diverter and pump. Wait 3 mins for the diverter to shift back to drain mode.
- Press Regular to run the pump again. Water should flow out the drain hose, NONE from the recirculation port.
- If in either case water pumps to where it shouldn't, dismount the diverter and check if the actuating arm is broken or it's clogged with lint/debris.
The diverter is a triangular-looking device mounted under the tub near the pump. It should be inside a protective plastic cover with a couple wires and three hoses attached. Pay attention to how it's mounted so as to remount it the same way. If mounted wrong the recirculate and drain flows would be reversed.