Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

asko w620 - bogus timer and board?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lharting

lharting

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:union jack ipa

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

howdy all,  asko washer has started a consistent intermittent problem.  almost every time now when the washer is set to 3 (regular wash cycle) about 10 minutes in to agitating back and forth the timer changes to cycle 4 (rinse).  normal run time for cycle 3 is about 40 minutes. after cycle 4 sometimes we get to the spin cycle (5) and the timer goes back to stop like normal but sometimes it goes into cycle 6 or 8 which polyester and hand wash cycles.  the timer should never go past the spin (5) cycle into another wash cycle as it is either supposed to go to stop or go to the check © position to indicate an issue with draining or such.  pin collector is clear, drain works fine, drum moves in both directions and spin hits its normal high speed.

do you think timer and mother board are the issue??

thanks for any help,

lee

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

I don't work on enough of these to tell you for sure.  But you do have a risk-free way to find out.  

Buy both parts and replace one at a time.  Return the one you don't need for a refund.  

Timer board:  http://www.repaircli...odelNumber=W620

Timer-8061756-00896671.jpg

Timer:  http://www.repaircli...odelNumber=W620

Timer-8064200-01028302.jpg

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

Might also be heater or thermistor issue.  I see one of the main differences between cycles is wash temperature:

Cycle 1 - 95C/205F

Cycle 2 - 80C/175F

Cycle 3 - 70C/160F

Cycle 4 - 60C/140F

Cycle 5 - 50C/120F

Cycle 6 - 40C/105F

Cycle 7 - 30C/85F

Cycle 8 - Cold

I've got a test program for this model but the buttons are number designated.  I'll figure a way to download someday.

#4 lharting

lharting

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:union jack ipa

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

thanks for advice,  im going the timer route to start.  the heater might not apply as with this model you set the wash temperature with a seperate dial seperate from cycle selection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics