Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
AlexM

GE Frontload Washer Model# WCVH6260HWW; Belt is off and flywheel bent?

4 posts in this topic

So the original complaint was that it was making knocking noise and eventually the belt fell off.

When I went into to back the nut holding the wheel on was a loose and the wheel had been cutting into the tub.

I plan on replacing the belt, but when I tighten everything up, the wheel is still out of true.

Should I replace the wheel and the belt, and call it good? or is there something else wrong?

Thanks

post-71964-0-31970800-1377121223_thumb.j

post-71964-0-49385800-1377121406_thumb.j

post-71964-0-96165400-1377121413_thumb.j

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If the wheel is bent I would change it. It could cause issues in the future.

Dont waste your time replacing that pulley...you have a broken basket support spider or a failed tub bearing, possibly both. Either way, this machine is toast and not worth repair.

I should have looked at the pics. Hes right, looks like bad bearings. I can see the oil splatter in the second pic near the mcu. Not worth fixing.