Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Electrolux Fridge No Start & Displays "OP / OP" after replacing touchpad and main board.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Vets Appliance

Vets Appliance

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Caffeine

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

The parts involved with this one were on back order for 3 weeks so this is a popular puppy.... some of you guys have to have run into this interface on one of Electrolux's fridges somewhere. What I really want to know is if anyone has faced this before and, if so, are there any tricks / caveats / etc. that I need to be aware of.

It's a bit long but I tried to write it in an entertaining style. I hope you enjoy.

Thanks!

Scott

Electrolux M# EW26SS65GS0 Fridge

Original complaint: Solved

Secondary Complaint: PF alarm won't reset, parts of interface touchpad unresponsive.

Ordered interface:

FRG - USER INTERFACE KIT

Waited 3 weeks for backorder to arrive while customer called every single day because she was going insane. The loud beeping could be heard in every room in the house, including the bedroom... at 2AM... and 3AM... and 4AM... etc...

Part arrives, it's a kit consisting of a new interface AND new main board. They must be replaced as a set. What was to be 2 screws and 3 minute job turns into a pain the the a** because the main board is mounted under, yes under, the fridge. I will gladly pay $500 for 5 minutes in a locked closet with the engineer who thought THAT was a good idea. But I digress...

So I get it done, plug it in and it goes beeep. I hit the reset and it goes quiet and all is well in Mudville.

Three seconds later both displays change to OP / OP and the unit refuses to start, AT ALL. :wacko:

Oh yea....... we is havin funs now.

There is a number to call on the instructions if you have any issues or suggestions. I call it. The computer asks for an authorized contractor ID number. I hit 0 for operator, it says go find my number and hangs up on me. I call back, it hangs up on me again.

I begin to contemplate a road trip to Electrolux land to commit acts that would result in a lengthy prison term. :samurai:

I get customer service on the phone and the girl tries her best. She defines OP as open thermistors, both Fridge and Freezer. Apparently the wiring has an open. I quadruple check it all, looks great, still no joy.

So I do the test of last resort... I put the old part back in.

Vrrrrrooooommmm!!!!!! She runs!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep................. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.................

Just kill me now... please...

Electrosux... lux, whatever... expressed a new set of boards since there is clearly nothing wrong with the thermistors or the wiring and the new boards have to be faulty. I picked up the new ones today and will be putting them in tomorrow. If anyone has any tips or warnings about this beast, I'd appreciate any heads up.

Thanks!

Edited by Vets Appliance, 21 August 2013 - 07:17 PM.

Me: "Why are my customers always so happy to see me arrive but then say they hope to not see me again anytime soon?"
Joe Customer: "Because we have to pay you to leave."

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

... both displays change to OP / OP

Freezer Thermistor "open" / Fridge Thermistor "open"
check J6 on Controller

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Vets Appliance

Vets Appliance

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

I know Reg, but the old boards don't have that fault at all. Only the new ones did.

If the second new set has the same issue, that's the first thing I'm going for though... after my aneurysm.

Me: "Why are my customers always so happy to see me arrive but then say they hope to not see me again anytime soon?"

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

is J6 fully / correctly inserted ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Vets Appliance

Vets Appliance

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

I'm heading out there in about an hour with a new set of boards. I had checked all connections at least five times with the last set and as soon as I put the old parts back in she fired right back up so I think the connections should have been fine.

However I will definitely keep J6 at the front of my mind when I walk in their door.

Thanks

#6 AARDL

AARDL

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:PEPSI NEXT

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hi Vet,

Would you by any chance have a update for your dilemma on the lovely Frigidaire frig.

Thanks

#7 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

could op mean open door, per chance??

Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics