Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Frumby

Ice maker producing very little ice

4 posts in this topic

I have a KitchenAid mod#KSSC48QMS refrigerator. The ice maker is producing very little ice but water is flowing freely from the spigot. I replaced the filter initially but still seems to be an impedance and ice production is limited. I suspect it's the ice maker control module but wanted to hear from the experts if there was something else that I could check. Thank you for your time.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

What is the temperature in your freezer? Is the ice maker mold full of either ice or water ? Are your ice cubes that are being made fully formed? Also check the water line to the ice maker to make sure it is not frozen.

Temperature is at 21 degrees. The ice maker does have ice but the ice does not appear to be fully formed...."almost" is a better description. The water line is not frozen.....ideas?

... Temperature is at 21 degrees.

... The ice maker does have ice

... but the ice does not appear to be fully formed....

Freezer needs to be at +15 or colder for IceMaker to "harvest" the Cubes

ideal Freezer temperature is 0F

(you may have other Freezer problems)

Is there any external water filter or Reverse Osmosis water system installed ?