Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
applianceman97

GE dual evap refer problems. PCF25PGTABB

6 posts in this topic

GE Dual evaporator model not holding temp in refrigerator, running around 50 degrees. Heading out monday and wanted some ideas. First dual evap model i have seen. My initial thought is thermistors but shoot me with some more ideas. THis thing looks like its gonna be a pain.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Could be FF evap fan

anyone able to get the manual for me? Thanks

There is a comparable manual in these archives probably under a different model number that should cover the basics.  Check the fresh food evaporator for heavy overfrosting.  There is a dc evaporator fan motor that is part of the fresh food evaporator cover.  The three most common problems I've found with this design are the f/f evaporator sensor, located at the rear base of the coil.  And like Brother Nick advised, that evaporator fan motor.  And of course, that everlovin' motherboard. 

It seems that every time I come across one of these with the frosted f/f evap, I'll break out the shotgun and replace all three afore mentioned components. 

Thanks guys!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0