Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GFSS2HCYCSS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MicaBay

MicaBay

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

Went out on this lovely GE. Evap fan not running, found a burnt resistor on the mutha board. Supplier suggest WR55X10996... This is the first time we have ran into this little bugger so naturally we don't have stock in the van... But we have came acrossed hundreds of wr55x1942 (installed two just today). And had 4 in stock in the van... But one connection is slightly different, and we weren't brave enough to try using the wr55x1942

The question, is WR55x10996 the new "it" board that is gonna replace wr55x10942? Has anyone tried the 10942 in place of the 10996?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light or Vodka

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:31 PM

It's a different board. Need WR55x10996

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:14 AM

... GE. Evap fan not running, found a burnt resistor on the mutha board.

Evaporator Fan may also be bad

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 MicaBay

MicaBay

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

Evaporator Fan may also be bad

We pretty much assumed that also. Woulda been nice sticking to the same board... One of the few things we liked about GE imagination was one universal board... Some how they even managed to screw that up...

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

Had to use the WR55X10996 for a couple of bottom mounts.  Part distributors only stock a few of these at a time.  WR55X10942 is still GE's darling but not compatible with some bottom mounts.  Wouldn't consider the 10996 for truck or even shop stock, just order as needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics