Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch WTA3510 dryer cleaning -- need your expertise

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rotweil

rotweil

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

This is driving me insane! After about 3 years of service I thought it would be a good idea to clean the lint in the dryer. The heater element at the back of the unit was a piece of cake because it is easily accessible. I also vacuumed the lint from the bottom of the machine accessing it through the vent exhaust opening at the back, which was not great but OK. Now I want to open the unit to vacuum it and clean it up inside around the motor and the drum. This is where I got stumped. How do you remove the top lid? I cannot find that info on the Web and calling to Bosch asking for service manual was futile exercise. I think they automatically assume that all their appliance users are idiots and therefore don't have the right to open their own dryer? Anyway, what I found so far is that the lid is held at the back by 2 brackets that look like a hinges so I am assuming the lid should open from the front. By peaking inside, it seems to be held in place by some plastic bracket on each side, about 5 inches from the front. So guys, what is the trick to release this?

Thanks for the help.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 rotweil

rotweil

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Is there really nobody out there that knows this Bosch dryer?

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

The top panel comes off by removing the clip screws in back the screws under the white covers in front.  But the rest of the teardown is best covered in the training manual for this dryer:  http://appliantology...raining-manual/

You'll need to be an Apprentice to download it:  http://apprentice.appliantology.org/

#4 rotweil

rotweil

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

Arigatō Grand Master! Finally I am getting somewhere...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics