Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LGHS2667KE0 - SY EF error code

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MATTBIV

MATTBIV

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:NA

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

Frigidaire Gallery-SY EF code error.  I have replaced the main control board after receiving a SY CE error code, and then replaced the evaporator fan after getting a SY EF error code.  However, SY EF code is not going away and fan is not turning on.  I have checked the voltage coming from the control board and getting 12V to the fan.  The freezer coils are freezing up and freezer is getting cold, but refrigerator is not getting cold.  Other parts of the refrigerator appear to be working correctly (lights, water dispenser, etc.).  Thoughts?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Are you getting a voltage at the fan? If so and your fan isn't running, you need a new new fan.

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

... I have replaced the main control board

... then replaced the evaporator fan after getting a SY EF error ... code is not going away and fan is not turning on.

... I have checked the voltage coming from the control board and getting 12V to the fan.

1) with a new Control Board ?

2) with a new Fan ?

3) measured 12v with the Fan connected ?

YES, bad Fan

NO, bad Control Board

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1795214

Main-Control-Board-5303918498-01211917.j

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1196443
Evaporator-Fan-Motor-241509402-00689572.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,095 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

If you stll have your original fan, test it with a 9 v battery.. If it works, it probably is not the fan. Check your molex connector for corrosion

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#5 MATTBIV

MATTBIV

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

If you stll have your original fan, test it with a 9 v battery.. If it works, it probably is not the fan. Check your molex connector for corrosion

I checked it off a 12v car battery using the brown and red wire. didn't run. these are the two wires I found 12v at on the frig. Should I use different color wires and/or connect multiples of the other wires. The blue and yellow wires must have some purpose.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

You hot wire the fan by putting white to negative and BOTH red and yellow to positive.  If you reverse this, you will blow out the internal motor control.  A 9v battery is sufficient for this test.

#7 MATTBIV

MATTBIV

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

You hot wire the fan by putting white to negative and BOTH red and yellow to positive.  If you reverse this, you will blow out the internal motor control.  A 9v battery is sufficient for this test.

I am out of town, so I haven't been able to try this. I don't have a white ground wire. Red, yellow, blue, and brown. I used the brown wire as ground earlier. When I checked the connector on the frig I got 12v using the red(+) and brown(-). I just want to be sure, I didn't know it had an internal motor control that would blow if I hooked it up backwards.

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

Here's a time-saving idea:  While you're out of town, order both the fan motor and PCB that Brother Reg linked you to.  They'll be waiting for you when you get back.  Install both, pop a cold one, problem solved, move on to problems that really matter and enjoy life.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics