So far we've replace the drum (for a noise issue), cleaned the (short) vent hose, and replaced the main board. The symptoms are:
- Doesn't dry most loads on the first try (doesn't matter if I put it on humidity sensor or timed dry).
- Sometimes stops drying in the middle of the timed session (say with 40 minutes left to go). When this happens I can usually still hear the timer ticking away, but the dryer stops. I can sometimes restart by pushing the start button, but when it's flaking out on me, it will usually only run for 5 or so minutes before stopping again.
- Sometimes it will refuse to start when I press the start button and just beeps at me (like the load is finished). The only thing I can do to get it going again at this point is to unplug the dryer and plug it back in, then it will run again for a few more minutes before stopping.
- Something else that it sometimes does is for the timer to go from 60 minutes to 0 in about 10 or 20 minutes, then it stops.
- Sometimes it will go several days of acting normal before it starts misbehaving again.
I don't know if this is a timer issue or a thermostat issue or what. The dryer does get plenty hot and I clean out the lint trap each time I use it. We had a repairman come to replace the drum and he couldn't tell what the problem was with the drying issue.
I appreciate in advance any help you might be able to offer,