Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
strudles

Kenmore Elite 110.60952990 stops before dry

4 posts in this topic

So far we've replace the drum (for a noise issue), cleaned the (short) vent hose, and replaced the main board. The symptoms are:

• Doesn't dry most loads on the first try (doesn't matter if I put it on humidity sensor or timed dry).
  • Sometimes stops drying in the middle of the timed session (say with 40 minutes left to go). When this happens I can usually still hear the timer ticking away, but the dryer stops. I can sometimes restart by pushing the start button, but when it's flaking out on me, it will usually only run for 5 or so minutes before stopping again.
  • Sometimes it will refuse to start when I press the start button and just beeps at me (like the load is finished). The only thing I can do to get it going again at this point is to unplug the dryer and plug it back in, then it will run again for a few more minutes before stopping.
  • Something else that it sometimes does is for the timer to go from 60 minutes to 0 in about 10 or 20 minutes, then it stops.
  • Sometimes it will go several days of acting normal before it starts misbehaving again.

I don't know if this is a timer issue or a thermostat issue or what. The dryer does get plenty hot and I clean out the lint trap each time I use it. We had a repairman come to replace the drum and he couldn't tell what the problem was with the drying issue.

I appreciate in advance any help you might be able to offer,

Trudi

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

the Drum Motor may be over-heating

(see if it's hot when it stops)

The Door Switch may be loose / intermittent

Does this problem ever happen when you first try to start the Dryer (Motor cold) ?

Does the Dryer always re-start right away after it stops ?

Trudi, you still may have an exhaust issue.  I understand you have checked the vent hose for restriction but there may also still be a blockage where the vent exits the house.  Poor air circulation will cause the dryer to run hot and may cause the thermal protection in the motor to trip, as well the electronic control not to function properly.

We finally gave up and had a repairman take a look. It ended up being the thermostat. It's working fine now.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0