Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Elite 110.60952990 stops before dry

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 strudles

strudles

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

So far we've replace the drum (for a noise issue), cleaned the (short) vent hose, and replaced the main board. The symptoms are:

• Doesn't dry most loads on the first try (doesn't matter if I put it on humidity sensor or timed dry).
  • Sometimes stops drying in the middle of the timed session (say with 40 minutes left to go). When this happens I can usually still hear the timer ticking away, but the dryer stops. I can sometimes restart by pushing the start button, but when it's flaking out on me, it will usually only run for 5 or so minutes before stopping again.
  • Sometimes it will refuse to start when I press the start button and just beeps at me (like the load is finished). The only thing I can do to get it going again at this point is to unplug the dryer and plug it back in, then it will run again for a few more minutes before stopping.
  • Something else that it sometimes does is for the timer to go from 60 minutes to 0 in about 10 or 20 minutes, then it stops.
  • Sometimes it will go several days of acting normal before it starts misbehaving again.

I don't know if this is a timer issue or a thermostat issue or what. The dryer does get plenty hot and I clean out the lint trap each time I use it. We had a repairman come to replace the drum and he couldn't tell what the problem was with the drying issue.

I appreciate in advance any help you might be able to offer,

Trudi

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

the Drum Motor may be over-heating

(see if it's hot when it stops)

The Door Switch may be loose / intermittent

Does this problem ever happen when you first try to start the Dryer (Motor cold) ?

Does the Dryer always re-start right away after it stops ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

Trudi, you still may have an exhaust issue.  I understand you have checked the vent hose for restriction but there may also still be a blockage where the vent exits the house.  Poor air circulation will cause the dryer to run hot and may cause the thermal protection in the motor to trip, as well the electronic control not to function properly.

#4 strudles

strudles

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

We finally gave up and had a repairman take a look. It ended up being the thermostat. It's working fine now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics