Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher and Paykel washing machine will not run

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 paddy

paddy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:36 PM

I have a fisher and paykel washer that is not working, it fills then will not wash.  It sits for a period then illuminates 3 green lights in the wash cycle display and beeps like a truck reversing.

I have had some success by powering it down and comming back after a period and starting again but now it will not work at all.

Please if anyone has some idea or advice I would appreciate it. 

DO NOT BUY FISHER AND PAYKEL THEY ARE JUNK!

PADDY

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,389 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:37 PM

Which FP model number do you have?

And I disagree that FP's are junk.  Everything breaks, doesn't matter who makes it; the only variable is the severity of the failure.  Most FP failures are trivial annoyances rather than complete show stoppers that make the repair not worthwhile.

#3 paddy

paddy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:03 PM

You are most likely right, it is not junk.

The thing not working just does my head in.

Model number is GW511

Any advice would be greatfully welcomed.

Paddy

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,389 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 May 2005 - 04:15 AM

GW511?  Never heard of that model.  Check it again.  Are you sure it's not GWL11?

#5 ktsenya2

ktsenya2

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 06:19 PM

Put your machine into diagnostics mode. Procedure is listed on th sheet inside the console and tell us whats the error code that its giving you

#6 jonmobrien

jonmobrien

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:49 AM

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

GW511?  Never heard of that model.  Check it again.  Are you sure it's not GWL11?

I'd say definately a GW511.

I myself have used a flashlight three times on my own Fisher & Paykel 5.5kg Smartdrive excellence GW511 washing machine.

Here's the User Manual for it:
http://www.fisherpay...er-guides-2.cfm

I loaded my washing machine up, pressed the power button and it started beeping - 1 beep per second like a truck beeping.

The only way to stop it beeping is to turn it off at the power point - pressing the power button on the machine doesn't stop it.

Turned it off, unloaded it, left it for half an hour, turned it back on - all lights flash on, then immediately starts beeping again.

The lights showing are:

3rd and 4th of the 5 green Wash Progress lights and the right-end red Spin light.

Pressing any button does nothing except pressing Start - which stops it from beeping, and the Lid Lock comes on with a slight flicker.

User manual (page 31, link above) only says after checking it is level to call for a service. And we all know whenever you need to call for a service, they want to replace the system board, which costs more than a brand new machine would.

I can't find anywhere that says what the lights mean. Can anyone help please?

Thanks, Jonathan.

#7 ethicalfix

ethicalfix

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:30 AM

GW511 is a model number used mainly for the NZ and Australia market.

The fault number is 57 . A bit of a rarity this one but the tech would be right to say it is a controller fault. It is to do with it's self monitoring and it has detected low voltage internally.

Fraid to say its a new module. Having said that if you are in NZ you can most likely pick up a cheaper recon module instead of an F&P one.

Remember the simple things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics