Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

my FISHER-PAYKEL REFRIGERATOR Model #RX256DT7X1-22600-A water filter leaks

water filter o-rings cartridge

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 scootertrs

scootertrs

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

my FISHER-PAYKEL REFRIGERATOR Model #RX256DT7X1-22600-A water filter leaks at the joint between the filter holding base and the filter.  Best I can guess is that the o-rings have collapsed (but they look and feel fine) or since it is a different substitute (a Maytag UKF8001) a supposed equal exchange instead of the Fisher-Paykel no. 13040210 (not locally available and 3 times the money).  I tried plumbers grease on the o-rings and tried new o -rings... still leaks.  Anybody have any experience with this refrigerator being "brand loyal?" I am actually considering removing this filter altogether and putting on an outboard filter.  Any suggestions? 

I should add that the refrigerator did not have a filter when we got it and does not have the bypass cap on the filter unit.  Otherwise, it runs and looks new. Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

Same filter, same bypass plug P/N 12664501.  If unit still leaks could be a problem with the filter housing.  Plug is cheap so I'd try that first and go with an in line filter.

#3 scootertrs

scootertrs

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

Already have one on the way... same bypass plug... Going to also try a thicker outer o-ring.. it is just a shame... it would be so simple.. thank you for the help... it is always good to have you in a "break glass in emergency" pocket... Be safe

#4 scootertrs

scootertrs

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

OK... still leaks... took it apart and looks like the joint between the blue o-ring plate and the white support plate is leaking.  took it out and blew in it... sure enough... there is the leak.  part number 12590611 fisher & Paykel... have to have other replacements... that one is $83+...  on this site it is $50, but unavailable until 2 weeks or so... going to search now.  If the filter fits so many other units, there has to be a cheaper alternative... any ideas are welcomed.  If this is a common failure issue, please advise, as I will just remove unit (already out and bypass it while using an outboard filter.  Thanks

Edited by scootertrs, 31 August 2013 - 09:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics