Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Can I use this Frigidaire control board in this GE dryer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joshua Scholar

Joshua Scholar

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Anchor Steam

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

I have a customer who called me to say that his tenent's ge dsxh47ggww dryer shuts off after running for a few seconds with 6 beeps and that his handyman said that it's the error which means "stuck key".

As far as I can tell, that machine (all versions of it) have all of their buttons on a WE19X10080 control board, so if there's a stuck key, I have to replace the board.  However that board is very expensive and if that's what it is, the customer won't pay for a repair.

However it's a dryer made by Frigidaire for GE, and I've noticed that the Frigidaire control board 134484212 looks the same, at least in pictures and it is a lot cheaper. 

see, they look the same:

http://www.repaircli...we19x10080.html

http://www.repaircli...4484212/1154875

The picture is just upside down for the Frigidaire one.

Can I use that instead?

Also I can't find a manual for a dsxh47ggww, perhaps the manual for Frigidaire unit that uses the other board will work, maybe an LEQ1442ES0.

I've also noticed that in parts lists the GE dryer has another number a 0 through 3 before the WW but looking up the boards, they all seem to use the same board so it shouldn't matter.  The customer hasn't got back to me with a model number taken from the door instead of from a manual, in case that's more specific.

Josh Scholar

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Joshua Scholar

Joshua Scholar

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Anchor Steam

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Also, though I know it's not the same thing, I've had good luck using identical (but differently numbered) motor control boards between Whirlpool, Kenmore and Maytag washing machines that all seem to be the same machine on the inside.

It was just a matter of the fact that they fail so often, and having an identical looking board already in my truck saved me a trip.

Edited by Joshua Scholar, 26 August 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

I'm not sure, yet but here's some diagnostic info

http://fixitnow.com/...nt-load-washer/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,671 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

The first link gives "access denied."  Do you have another link for that product?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics