Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
appliance repair tech

service manual request - whirlpool - model# GY396LXGB5

6 posts in this topic

hello, i am looking for a service manual for a whirlpool range model# GY396LXGB5

thank you.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

hello, unfortunately neither of the previous downloads covered this model# GY396LXGB5 , so i need to still search for a manual for this model# or specifically the section that explains how to disassemble the front control panel to be able to remove the control board from it.

thank you.

W0105089-00002.png

Oh, so you prefer the prequel? here ya are.... http://appliantology.org/files/file/1191-whirlpool-slide-in-range-gy396lxg-gy395lxg-rs310pxg/

spoiler alert... on this model, you have to remove the knobs first to access the mainboard. I remember fighting this thing years ago without the aid of a manual nor internet access I finally started removing every removable part I could find..then I did a great big "doh!" once I removed the knobs.

thank you, thats the information that solves my mystery....................

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0