Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

straightupwv

Gas Dryer Cutting Out

6 posts in this topic

I have an older Roper by Whirlpool gas dryer.  It will run for about 10 minutes or so and then stop.  It can't be restarted until it cools down.  I've read that the problem is usually either the moisture sensor or the motor.  We never use the Moisture Sensing cycle so it's probably not the sensor.  However, it will run all day in the Fluff/No Heat cycle.  Here's my question: if the motor is causing the shutdown, why doesn't it happen during the Fluff cycle.  I'd hate to spend hundreds of dollars on a motor only to find out that I have a bad thermostat.  Can anyone help?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

does this Dryer have a model number ?

Yes.  It's Model # RGS7646KQ2

Thanks for the quick reply!

seems like it could only be a bad Motor

Gets (extra) heat when the Heater is ON

When it stops, feel the Motor to see if it's hot.

The manufacturer has replaced part number 661654

with this item, part number 279827

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=2584

Drive-Motor-279827-01191725.jpg

There is no heat being produced during air fluff. Your motor may be over heating... Pull the dryer vent off the back of the dryer and see if you can recreate the problem on heated dry.

Thanks.  Honestly, I was hoping for some angel to appear from the sky to tell me it was a cheap fix.  Thanks for providing the link to the motor and the installation video.