Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

MarquisEXB

Fisher Paykel DGGX1 US - Drum Repair - First Screw Stuck?

3 posts in this topic

I'm trying to repair a DGGX1 top loading dryer. I've taken it apart before, following this video and put it back together before vacation.

Went to take a second tackle at it, but as I removed that first screw the part udner it (not sure the name - looks like a flat silver washer about 3 inches in diameter) is moving with it. The whole thing is making a large sqreeching noise as I do it. Now it seems that either tightening or loosening it has no effect. Although I haven't done either for a long period of time.

Not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

OK I just pulled it out of the chasis, and it seems like the drum bolt is loose. Not sure what to do now...

Update: As I start turning the inside bolt, the outside one goes in/out. It seems this inside bolt is turning the whole drum. However I'm unable to use the other bolt to stop it. I can stop it from turning, but can't stop it from going in/out. So if I try to loosen the inside the bolt goes out. If I try to tighten it, the bolt goes back in.