Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

ReliableApp

Kenmore (LG) Washer Dead - No Lights 796.40441900

7 posts in this topic

Kenmore (LG) Washer Dead - No Lights/Dead 796.40441900

-120v at wall outlet

-120v coming into Filter, but no voltage coming out.  Is there supposed to be voltage coming out? I measured and I got Zero.  I also tested the "geled" in place ceramic fuse and that tested closed.  Is there any other way to test this filter?  Could this be the failure part?

http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo1/PartDetail/Noise-Filter/6201EC1006T/2226388?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=6201EC1006L

- I also dug into the main power board and test the ceramic fuse there, it tested closed too.  

http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo1/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/EBR62545105/1555649

- Can you test these fuses for open/closed? 

Want to bring this back to life....many thanks. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Replace the NOISE FILTER first.

There's a possibility that the MAIN BOARD has also failed.

If it can safely be done---"jumper" the *white* and *pink* plugs (of the Noise Filter)---to verify whether or not the Main Board is faulty.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the lightning fast reply. 

One more question:  If you jumper the white and pink plugs on the noise filter how does that verify the main board is bad....I I remember right, those plugs go over to the main power board.  I guess I am confused as to properly test it. 

<<<If you jumper the white and pink plugs on the noise filter how does that verify the main board is bad....>>> Cord

The *white* plug is the Power (120 volts)

Power enters the NOISE FILTER and exits at the *pink* receptacle on the NF.

The *pink* plug runs/routes to the MAIN BOARD...

For testing purposes---supplying "unfiltered" power to the Main Board---allows verifying whether it will work or not:)

1 person likes this

Two jumper wires needed.

Essentially---we're trying to *eliminate* the Noise Filter---out of the circuit.

Trying to join the white-with-the-pink plugs...

Ok I get it.  Thank you.  You bypass the filter!  :rolleyes:

First of all Thanks to John63.  You Rock.  You gave me the confidence and knowledge to get the LG Noise Filter.

Part is Here: http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo1/PartDetail/Noise-Filter/6201EC1006T/2226388?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=6201EC1006L

Installed it very quickly as there is only once screw and the two quick connects. 

All is great again for this Kenmore front load washer made by LG.

Many thanks!