Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

caloric built in oven model# RWS202

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alamo3

alamo3

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coke zero

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

This is a built in single gas oven that appears to work but takes nearly 30 minutes to get up to 350 degrees and 50 minutes to get up to 450. turn it on and the ignitor glows for about a minute and then burner bar ignites with a pretty blue flame all the way around but takes FOREVER to heat up. the entire time the flame is on nonstop till it gets to 350 (took 30 minutes )then thermostat kicked off burner and indicator light went off (just like it should) kicked it up to 450 and immediatly it came on and stayed on till it reached 450(but took 21 minutes to go from 350 to 450) . my theory and i could be wrong is simply not enough gas because while the flame is constant it extends out from burner bar about 2 or maybe 2 and a half inches at most. thought of trying to adjust gas valve nipple on top of valve but have done that in the past with gas stuff and got a screwed up flame(either lots of yellow dancing flame or floatinging flame that didnt seem to come in contact with burner bar) looking for ideas or confirmation that not enough flame is the problem and i need to adjust flame.  Oh i should mention the door is closing properly and the door gasket such as it is (one of those thin u-shaped rubber ones) is in placeand sealing as good as this type ever did.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:13 AM

it may be a weak glow Ignitor

When the get weak, they may not open the Gas Safety Valve completely.

It should only take about 30 seconds for the Ignitor to fully heat.

If you measure the amperage at that time, it should be about 3.0A

I believe the Broil Ignitor is the same part.

You could try swapping the those.

http://www.repaircli...sp?R=154&N=1191

Oven-Igniter-786324-00631678.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 alamo3

alamo3

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coke zero

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

yeah i thought about that too but when i have had that in the past it would be where the flat style ignitor which mormally draws 3.2 amps was bouncing between 3.0 and 3.2 and it would eventually lite and rapidly go up to 350 (5 to 10) minutes but when it went to cycle back on it wouldnt come back on (OR the really difficult one to catch) it would cycle 2 or 3 times and then would quit coming on . In these cases the people would always say it preheated fine but wouldnt stay on long enough to cook whatever they were cooking (wouldnt maintain temp in other words). i personally havent seen what you mentioned (borderline amp draw not letting enough gas thru) but i see where that could be a possibility. guess ill check amp draw first for 3.2 before i start the game of adjusting the gas valve and air shutter in hopes of getting the right combination for a bigger clean burning flame. must say though the ignitor does pass the old eye test of a bright glowing almost white/ orange instead of the duller orange/orange you usually see with a weak ignitor. thanks for the input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics