Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Don Forehand

Hooking up the wires on the timer for my Maytag Performa Model# PYE2300AYW

8 posts in this topic

I have hook up all the wires that are in the wiring diagram.  I have a white wire that originates on the timer coming from a TM that I don't know where to hook up the other end of the wire.  It's a white wire.   I also have a pink looking wire coming from the Motor Terminals that I don't know where to hook up on the timer.  Can you help me?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The white wire goes to the TM terminal where the black wire from timer motor is attached. The orange wire from motor goes to the M terminal where the other black timer motor wire is attached.

Eric

u3p8.jpg

Thank you very much for the picture of the white wire that I was having trouble with.  Do you have a picture like that of a timer for my Maytag Performa PYE2300AYW showing all the wires hooked up? My dryer only has a timer knob and the heat selector switch on the panel.  Can you send me a picture?

Timer terminals:

M - orange wire from motor and wire from timer motor

L - black wire from power cord

H - red wire from heat selector switch

S - purple wire from motor and black wire from buzzer

A - one side of resistor

B - other black wire from buzzer

R - other side of resistor and red wire from heater element

TM - white jumper to other TM terminal and other wire from timer motor

N - white wire from power cord

I got all the wires in the wiring diagram hooked up and I had one wire left over.  It's pink.  The only places left to connect on the timer are L and N.  Which one do you think I should hook it to?

Upload a photo of your timer hookup including the pink wire somewhere, provide link to photo, stop starting a new thread every time you post.

Eric