Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG washer dryer combo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 No excuses

No excuses

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fishers Amber

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

I posted something similar a while back. LG mod WM3431HW combo washer dryer. Clothes come out wetter after dry cycle than they do after spin cycle. I have already cleaned out loads of lint from the lint chute, I replaced the pump, the machine has heat and good flow of air. I would be most grateful for help, the customer is just a little p.o.'d.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

Whenever servicing the LG combo WM3431---identify/correct any fault/defect---then remove all lint from the DUCT ASSY.

Replace the DRAIN MOTOR (4681EA2001T) and WATER VALVE (AJU71030102).

In most cases---this should be done about every three years for a family of 3 or more (very heavy usage/cycle run times).

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#3 No excuses

No excuses

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fishers Amber

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

Thank you John63. I will replace the H2o valve and hopefully not hear from p.o.'d customer again.

#4 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

<<< I will replace the H2o valve and hopefully not hear from p.o.'d customer again.>>>

A customer that is "po'd" is understandable---if they've had a problem with their appliance.

Provide your customer with the following information---and they'll be more informed as to how best to use the combo washer/dryer.

Use ONLY "HE" type detergent in the following dosage (for this small-size tub):

HE (regular concentration): (1) Tablespoon Per Wash

HE 2X (double concentrated): (1) Teaspoon Per Wash

HE 3X (triple concentrated): ***NOT RECOMMENDED***

Remind the customer *not* to load the washer tub past the ***black hash mark*** that is located on a sticker/emblem---on the left side of the door/tub opening.

A fully loaded tub will *wash* fine---as long as the clothing is not compressed/pushed into the tub but---the laundry will not dry very well (taking up to 6 hours to dry laundry).

Advise the customer to select/use the TIME DRY dryer cycle rather than *automatic*.

They will need to select the desired cycle RUN TIME for the dry cycle.

After a month or so of using the TIME DRY cycle---the customer will become familiar with the amount of time needed to adequately dry an average-size or type of laundry load.

Using the TIME DRY cycle in a combo unit---eliminates/avoids using the dual THERMISTORS that are located on the DUCT ASSY.

This also allows for a higher temperature during the dry cycle (laundry dries faster).

Use the *automatic* dryer cycles for Delicates only.

Armed with all of this *very* relevant information---the customer becomes less frustrated/more relieved---that not only do they have far better *intel* on their particular combo---but that you ACTUALLY CARED to inform/educate them about it.

It's best to write this down and give it to the customer.

It's *impossible* for the average customer to *memorize* all of this:)

Good Luck.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Tips for getting the best results from your LG washer-dryer combo

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 29 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Brother john63 , the Dean of LG Appliantology, offers some pearls of wisdom for getting the best results from those LG washer-dryer combo units:

Source: LG washer dryer combo

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics