Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Heidi Boutin

PAV2300AWW works fine on reg cycle, trips cb on delicate

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Maytag Performa washer. I recently read through and replaced the snubber and gave it a new belt since I was under there. :thumbsup:

Everything works fine, except this:

when I put the selector to delicate, pull the knob, it fills up with water, ok.  then when it gets to start to agitate, it blows the circuit breaker in my main electrical panel. :woot:

What gives?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

~Heidi

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

It would seem to be a bad Wash Motor

OR bad contacts in the Timer ..

(or wiring)

check to see if the connections to the Washer Motor are good / tight / not corroded

OR, maybe you can do without the Delicate cycle ...

Did it work properly in delicate cycle before you replaced the snubber ring?

Eric

@Fairbank56,

yes, it did work fine before. I opened up the top last week to check the connection on the top of the motor, felt/looked good.

Sensei....I love my Delicate Cycle! Besides- I just got a load of cashmere sweaters from Goodwill (cheap!).

I was wondering if the contacts on the timer were corroded and just happened to fault then since I worked on it.....

Found a bunch of timers on ebay....

Before ordering a timer I would check the wiring from timer to motor. Maybe a pinched or broken wire somewhere? If wiring is ok it could be the timer but old also could be the motor. Do you have a meter to check ohms?

Found a bunch of timers on ebay....

Timer-21001522-00592918.jpg