Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

suampman

daewoo mod dwd-wd3011ww washing machine

27 posts in this topic

Repaired this machine today with new main pcb. Noticed a component called a reactor plugged into the main pcp. It had a resistance of .3 ohms. Anybody know what this component is for?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

it may just be Line Filter

Daewoo makes a washer? Never seen one.

Thanks Reg, the device looked like a coil. Two leads plugged into the main pcb.

Steer clear of these. According to the guy who sells this washer they are replacing loads of them under warranty. They had at least 15 in the store that had been returned. That is how I got the circuit board. The guy gave me the pcb off of one that was returned because the lady's washer was just out of warranty. Looked like a well built machine. Easy to take apart. Everything was easy to get at. Obviously looks are deceiving.

this washer sounds like it is working but doesn't move.  Just kind of chadders in place.  Does it have a clutch or something that could cause this?  Any ideas are appreciated.  Never worked on one of these before.  Doesn't move on wash or spin.

Daewoo cars had the same problem , just sorta chadder in place

not enough power wash or spin anything

sorry i just had to say it .......how sad to own a daewoo

Edited by Cactus Bob

So what do you think the problem might be with this Daewoo washer?  Someone mentioned the pcb board.  Have you had any experience with this washer?

Sorry electro doc, I just came back to this post and seen your post for help. The one I worked on was the first and probably the only one that I will see. Not to many out there and will be less if they keep having trouble. It may have an inductive positioning sensor. I say this because it sounds like it is trying to find it's home position. The only info that I had to go by was the owners manual which had the schematic diagram on the back. Sorry I can not be more help, but these are a little out of the main stream.

...  owners manual which had the schematic diagram on the back.

Thanks, I never thought to look there

http://appliantology.org/files/file/1242-daewoo-washer-dwd-wd3011wwrr-dwd-wd31ww-dwd-wd33ws-ss-rs/

Daewoo Washer

Owner's Manual w/wiring diagram

20119872.pdf

DWD-WD3011WW/RR

DWD-WD31WW

DWD-WD33WS / SS / RS

found out today that it spins and washes fine with no clothes in it.  It makes a bad bearing sound when it is spinning.  Could the pcb be the problem?

you think so ......

so i guess the pc board bearing is bad ?

those dam board bearings always going bad

<<<this washer sounds like it is working but doesn't move.  Just kind of chadders in place.>>>

I have seen *one* of these Daewoo Washers---at a local mom & pop appliance retail store (never serviced one though).

Has a lot of the familiar look/feel of an LG front load washer

Having said that---an LG washer with a *failed/dead* HALL EFFECT SENSOR---will exhibit a similar symptom.

The *tub* will shudder/rock back and forth---but will not tumble or spin.

I have absolutely no idea whether or not a Daewoo washer is *direct-drive* or *belt-driven*---but if I were examining this washer---I'd be looking into the possibility of a similar component---if the washer is of the Direct-Drive design(Hall Effect Sensor / Rotor Position Sensor).

If Belt-Driven---I'd be taking a close look at the Main Board (possible faulty motor relay) or a failing/failed Motor Control Unit (if it has one).

<<<found out today that it spins and washes fine with no clothes in it.  It makes a bad bearing sound when it is spinning.>>>

On an LG front load washer---if the Hall Effect Sensor/Rotor Position Sensor is *half failed / half dead*---it can make a GROWL/GRINDING noise that may *seem* as if there's a failing/bad bearing.

It is a direct drive.

It is direct drive and thanks I think I'll take a look at the Hall effect sensor.  I'm in Costa Rica and this is the 1st and only Daewoo washer I've seen.  It does look like an LG front load but I have very little experience on front loaders of any kind.  Where would I find the Hall effect sensor and how would I test it.  I appreciate any help.  Thanks

<<<Where would I find the Hall effect sensor>>>

Usually on the MOTOR (sometimes called a Stator)

Daewoo may call it (per suampman's earlier post) an Induction Positioning Sensor

<<<how would I test it.>>>

I don' know the answer to that---never having serviced a Daewoo before.

alright thanks, I appreciate your help.

I remember first seeing LG and Daewoo products in the early 2000's.  It was mostly countertop microwaves and window air conditioners, and their service manuals were almost identical.  I haven't seen the Daewoo washer but I'll bet the design is very similar to LG.

I ran it trough the whole cycle and an E6 error came up.  Daewoo says it's the pcb board.  That bearing noise comes only in spin when it gets going fast.  I suspect that could be the Hall effect sensor you mentioned.

<<<That bearing noise comes only in spin when it gets going fast. I suspect that could be the Hall effect sensor you mentioned>>>

When a Rotor Position Sensor is damaged (but still functions somewhat)---a GROWL/GRINDING noise will be noticeable at *all* RPMs.

The fact that the noise occurs only at high RPM---is a good indication (guess) that the Tub Bearings are degrading/failing.

have you ever changed the bearing on one of these front load washers?  It probably is a bearing as it doesn't make noise on the wash or in general when the motor is running. 

Not on a Daewoo washer---sorry I can't be of more help.

how about on an LG?

Yes---but I have no access to Service Manuals nor Part Numbers.

Daewoo may be nearly identical---or totally different (hard to know without any experience).

Even if you undertake this repair---where can parts be ordered/obtained (any website available)?

thanks for all your help,  I have a better feel for what I'm doing now.  Being in Costa Rica I haven't had much experience with these.  Nothing major.  It looks like this one is going to need the pcb board for sure.  I thinks the bearings are available but the seal would be hard to find by itself.  Any way I have enough info now to proceed.  Thanks a bunch.