Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung Washer Still "Not Draining"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hammer6772

Hammer6772

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Stephen's Hot Chocolate

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

I've got a variation on the "Samsung not draining" theme.  My Samsung is a front loader, model WF328AAW/XAA. It started playing the no drain game a little while ago, so I replaced the pump. All was well for about three weeks and now the behavior is back.

But it is draining!! The pump runs just fine. No unusual noise, no fuss. The water is purged from the tub. Then, at 11 minutes left in the cycle, is plays it's little attention chime and throws the "nd" code.  I dutifully pull the back off and check the pump and associated hoses for gunk ... but I find nothing. There is a bit of water still in the discharge tube but nothing in the tub (except for wet clothes ... no standing water).

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but my laundry room is backwards. The plumbing is on the right and the dryer vent is on the left, but putting the machines in that way causes the doors to open into each other making it a hassle to move clothes from the washer to the dryer. So I set the machines in opposite ... washer on the left. That means that the discharge hose is stretched tight from the back left corner of the washer, across the back of the dryer, and into the drain standpipe. The drain standpipe is slightly higher than the point at which the discharge hose exits the washer, so the hose is near horizontal, but does slope towards the washer slightly.  There is about 6" of discharge hose tucked into the drain standpipe.

So, is there some sensor that needs to be replaced to tell the machine that the pump actually did do its thing, do I need to rearrange my laundry room, or do I need to start looking for a new washer?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:51 AM

Time your pump out cycle.

The "nd" shows if the machine exceeds a 15 minute pump out.

There could possibly be a tub to hose restriction from a garment in the tub.

If less than 15 minutes and no restriction the PCB is defective.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,711 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

Turns out that a US quarter is about the perfect size to get stuck in the discharge tube and intermittently close like a flapper valve cutting off drain.  

#4 Hammer6772

Hammer6772

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Stephen's Hot Chocolate

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

I noticed that the bottle of Tide sitting on the washer was NOT the 'HE' version.  Fixed the issue by cleaning out the water level sensor line and throwing the regular Tide away. We've been running 'HE' detergent with no issues for two days pretty much non-stop, trying to get caught back up with the laundry that had stacked up behind the misbehaving washer.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,711 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for letting us know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics