Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

New tool case........for me

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

The old soft side case" Old Betsy" has had it..10 year old Platt two side case.......DSCN0313_zpscfa39ecd.jpg...Tool holders are plumb worn out........DSCN0317_zpsbb417ebd.jpg.....The  spine has been broke for about 3 years..............I was at Johnstone and I found this tool backpack rig.............I have seen it before and I think this is the one "The  Most Honorable One " has..........DSCN0302_zps0bfeef63.jpg.....DSCN0320_zpsaa07648c.jpg............I get it home and it is nice rig, BUT, the whole point of a new case was to minimize, Down size from a 40+ pound unit to a more practice weight...........Johnstone is 90 miles away and it was about 4 months ago.......So I went on line and found a shop in Salem, Or..  Norvac Electronics.... and I ordered a new Platt Soft Side case.......the Master Technician model.. Part number 669ZT....only 145 clam$.DSCN0321_zps7a63fdb9.jpg...........DSCN0310_zps5cd24819.jpg.............A bit smaller, one side case verses a two sided case............So, I would like to sell this new, unused, no tools inserted, just fondled a bit............... OLC Back pack tool case.....75 pocket/pouches.... part number 1132......I  paid 85 clam$ for it, I will let it go for 85 clam$, including shipping.....( gotta pay for the one)......I would take it back but it is 40 clam$ in fuel and 8 hours ( If I am going to drive to the big city, I hit the 'big box' stores  and get to dine at a Wendy's or a Jack-In-The-Box. :thumbsup: ...............I.M. me for details...........

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:iced tea

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

When you put your tools in the new platt would you please post a picture of it. I am thinking about trying one of those if it looks like it would work.

#3 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Wishfultech..............I do not think this bag is for me.........too small.. :dry: ................. The  one side ( that  has the pouch )  there is a lot of small tool holders, they are just too small to put any thing in them but very thin wrenches or screw drivers.......Could not get but a third of the  'required tools' for a " Lightened Load of Tools".................Off to look for a new one...... :rolleyes: .........., .

#4 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

wish i had seen your post, i just bought the same CLC bag, I love it. Loaded down probably only weighs 25 lbs.

If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics