Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Losing faith in Miele - G868 dishwasher won't fill and soap not dispensing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 squbbles

squbbles

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:13 AM

Dishwasher won't fill, but there seems to be some water in the bottom of tub under the screen. Has run through entire cycle, without water, but soap door does not seem to spring open.

Inlet valve screen is clean.

Are these 2 problems related?

What should I check next?

Is it time to retire the new-used machine?...I hate adding to the landfill. :sad:

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

Dishwasher won't fill, but there seems to be some water in the bottom of tub under the screen.

Has run through entire cycle, without water, but soap door does not seem to spring open.

You need to make sure your getting water to the machine.

If so, you'll need to check to see if your getting voltage to the water valve when you start the unit.

If so, you'll need to check to see if your getting voltage to the water valve when you start the unit.

Is it time to retire the new-used machine?...I hate adding to the landfill. :sad:

Cheers.

Test

#3 squbbles

squbbles

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

Dishwasher won't fill, but there seems to be some water in the bottom of tub under the screen.

Has run through entire cycle, without water, but soap door does not seem to spring open.

Cheers.

Thanks for help.

Anyone know where I would find this on this machine? Is this inside the AquaStop?

#4 squbbles

squbbles

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

Thanks for the advice on checking the valve.

Ok, I have checked and the water inlet valve is allowing a little over 1 cup of water into the tub during the filling cycle.

Is this small volume normal?

I checked for clogs in the water line and all filters are clean.

Would this lack of water disallow the soap dispenser from opening? or is this a separate problem that happened to occur at the same time?

Thanks for your advice.

#5 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

It may be filling with water, but the wash motor may not be circulating the water through the spray arms.  Open the door in mid cycle and see if the spray arms are moving.

Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics