Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
squbbles

Losing faith in Miele - G868 dishwasher won't fill and soap not dispensing

5 posts in this topic

Dishwasher won't fill, but there seems to be some water in the bottom of tub under the screen. Has run through entire cycle, without water, but soap door does not seem to spring open.

Inlet valve screen is clean.

Are these 2 problems related?

What should I check next?

Is it time to retire the new-used machine?...I hate adding to the landfill. :sad:

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Dishwasher won't fill, but there seems to be some water in the bottom of tub under the screen.

Has run through entire cycle, without water, but soap door does not seem to spring open.

You need to make sure your getting water to the machine.

If so, you'll need to check to see if your getting voltage to the water valve when you start the unit.

If so, you'll need to check to see if your getting voltage to the water valve when you start the unit.

Is it time to retire the new-used machine?...I hate adding to the landfill. :sad:

Cheers.

Dishwasher won't fill, but there seems to be some water in the bottom of tub under the screen.

Has run through entire cycle, without water, but soap door does not seem to spring open.

Cheers.

Thanks for help.

Anyone know where I would find this on this machine? Is this inside the AquaStop?

Thanks for the advice on checking the valve.

Ok, I have checked and the water inlet valve is allowing a little over 1 cup of water into the tub during the filling cycle.

Is this small volume normal?

I checked for clogs in the water line and all filters are clean.

Would this lack of water disallow the soap dispenser from opening? or is this a separate problem that happened to occur at the same time?

Thanks for your advice.

It may be filling with water, but the wash motor may not be circulating the water through the spray arms.  Open the door in mid cycle and see if the spray arms are moving.