Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Zachary Crider

LG Dishwasher LE code LDF6920ST

16 posts in this topic

We've replaced the motor and pump due to not pumping, then the water inlet due to leaking, we are still getting an LE code and there doesn't seem to be a leak sensor like Samsung's. Any thoughts?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I realized that LE is the motor or main PCB.

Le means main control board doesn't sense the motor turning

I realized that LE is the motor or main PCB.

Well you've replaced the motor.  I assume you've checked connections, and eliminated any restrictions that would keep the motor from turning. Looks like your down to the board. The manual gives instructions on testing.

Edited by tpoindexter

Did you replace just the vario motor or the entire sump assembly?  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Pump-and-Motor-Assembly/AJH31248604/1472730?modelNumber=LDF6920ST

Have you checked the wire loom inside the door for breaks caused by sticking to the sound dampening goo?  

<<<We've replaced the motor and pump due to not pumping>>>

What is the Serial Number---and the Part Number(s) of the components that were replaced?

Edited by john63

We replaced the entire sump assembly. Ordered another one just in case because it wouldn't be the first time we got a bad part from Marcone. Also ordered the main pcb to cover all the bases. All connections were checked nothing broken or corroded

We replaced the entire sump assembly. Ordered another one just in case because it wouldn't be the first time we got a bad part from Marcone. Also ordered the main pcb to cover all the bases. All connections were checked nothing broken or corroded

Should be able to check voltage at the pump. If you have voltage there then it's a bad assy.

Uhh...wait a minute..... Have you checked voltage at the junction box? Connection on the white could be loose. Need to make sure you have 120v between the white and black there coming in. Could have a bad neutral.

<<<We replaced the entire sump assembly>>>

Verify that the Wash Motor plug is *connected*---it can easily be overlooked/forgotten.

Can be checked by removing the lower kickplate and insulation material. Use a flashlight to inspect the connection to the Wash Motor.

Sump Assembly part number should be (AJH31248604).

Leave the Soil Level /Turbidity Sensor *unplugged*:)

NOTE:

All LDF6920 dishwashers have the *cloth-type* insulation within the Door Assy---eliminating problems associated with older LG model dishwashers having damaged (pulled apart) wire(s).

LG dishwashers built around 2007 and older were prone to failed wiring (from insulation).

What is the SERIAL NUMBER of this dishwasher???

Uhh...wait a minute..... Have you checked voltage at the junction box? Connection on the white could be loose. Need to make sure you have 120v between the white and black there coming in. Could have a bad neutral.

Uhh... ignore my statement above. Obviously the neutral is ok or you wouldn't be getting a code. So, sorry.

Edited by tpoindexter

I'll have to check the rest of the numbers on Tuesday when I get back to the office, the other tech I was with has the paperwork.

Sounds good:)

serial number is 11kwqw09588

The Serial Number is still incorrect---should begin with three numbers and then four letters---followed by more numbers.

Has the Wash Motor plug been inspected?

When I open my dishwasher it is on the right side of the door.

Like John63 said, An example might be 501KRXY12345