Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ADB1200AWS Dishwasher - Water in the bottom. How much is too much?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs Rum

Mrs Rum

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Greetings Samurai and Honored others, 

I'm disassembling my dishwasher again (I learned how in last year's grand adventure!) because it smells like something died.  It's gross.  Smells fine after a load runs but let it sit for a day and holy schmoley. 

I've taken everything out to wash and at the bottom under the...eh....round thing with the fins and around the motor is a channel and at the upper right of the channel is the drain.  I think.

There's water in the channel and I'm not sure if there should be, or if I have a problem.  I can't remember from last time if I had water in there or not.  I think that some water makes sense, the drain isn't flush to the bottom of the channel so you couldn't really have all the water out anyway.

Also - it's GROSS!  What am I doing wrong that my dishwasher is gunky, greasy, and ack-nasty.  The water in the channel is nasty, the fin thingy is nasty, under the lip at the bottom of the door is nasty.  <shudder>   :banghead:

Any guidance would be, as always, greatly appreciated and beer fund compensated.  :blinky:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mrs Rum

Mrs Rum

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

I discovered a huge piece of a pecan blocking a side of the drain!  So I'm certain that it was not draining properly, leaving stagnant water behind that we wouldn't have seen under the filter pump (right?  That's the fin thing...the filter pump?) and so when it pulled water in it was pumping nasty disgusting water as well as new water, and then cycle was literally repeating itself.  

I think this is born out by all the places I found crud.  

So it's all clean, nothing is blocking the drain and we'll try it again.

#3 Mrs Rum

Mrs Rum

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

Oh, and the icky stinky tube that I think is the intake for the upper spray arm?  Stiff dose of vinegar and then a hanger to push a bunchy bit of fabric through to clean the gunk out.   :sick: Glad that's done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics