Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Tool Bag Search............

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

About a year or so ago, I realized that a new "Tool Carrying Device " was required...........Looked at bags and cases, soft sided, no plastic or metal......, no toolboxes, plastic or metal...........I looked at Platt Cases first ( existing brand)....Pricey but made in the U.S. of A..............Checked out the Buffalo Brand..........The C.L.C. brand.....and others...........Could not find what I needed..............In a box of my daughters  old stuff destined for the local recycle  folks, I found a soft sided computer case ...One that a 17 laptop will fit, looked the right size but very few pockets.........It missed the ride to the recycle folks.......a while ago, I was at the Ace hardware store and a quick glance at the tool carriers, what did Ispy, but a tool carrier that fits around a 5 gallon bucket ....A C.L.C. brand......Nice  pockets and places for all of the pliers I carry.....It is two half's with an adjustable buckle to cinch it to your bucket......Nice try, did not fit into the computer case for a 'home made' case........Back to shopping.........Back to the Platt web site......Platt website  show all of the product with good pictures and info, BUT no price  ( Contact your local supplier ).....Found my ' local' suppiler,  90 miles........The owner of the shop and I were both looking at the Platt site and  Jim ( owner ) was telling me what he had in stock and I looked it up at the same time..........Said he had a  Platt model 665ZT for the 'scratch and dent ' area......"40 Clam$ " sez Jim......"Sold" sez I................Nice case but the molded plastic holders were  brittle and  broke with  finger pressure.........I called Jim back :answer: and told him of the problem." No problemo, stylish American man...Just return it".......I told Jim it cost  15 clam$ to mail it, Will return if he pays the return shipping ........Jim sez " Too much,  just keep it"............So we both go shopping again, this time I select the Platt Model # 669ZT.......And Jim, takes 40  Clam$ off of the new one :thumbsup: ............ And if you read my last post, the 669ZT ain't gonna cut it................Now I think I have settled on the Platt Model # 651ZT , like my old one , but a single sided case ( vs. the two sided )... With the Pallets 'N' and 'F' like the ones in my old case..............Check out the cases on the  Platt site.......... But in the  mean time, I assembled a nice home made one using the C.L.C. pouchs in the first Platt case, the 665ZT...... I just cut out the old plastic holder and will 'pop-rivet' pouches in till I can acquire the new bag...............The Saga continues....... :smile: ........

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

photos . . .  ?

can never have too many photos ...

any room in that tool case for a camera / Iphone ?

(outside pocket) ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:iced tea

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

You are in a pickle.I just got through putting an assortment of tools back in my 1526 CLC bag.They were in a zip up AMP bag from Lowes. Went in the attic this am to look at a PLATT case but decided in would not work. A co -worker threw away a nice platt bag of mine the other day. Brand new with the tags.Called himself ''cleaning up''.It is a never ending quest to find what works best.I have a Veto LC bag and it does look impressive but it just doesn't work as well as an open type bag for me. I am going to check out the 651.When you get your new bag ,please post pictures. Glad to know I am not alone in my quest for the best bag! I am looking at the CLC back pack that is smaller than the one you bought.Likeyou said the search is on!

#4 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

Well I gotta get some thing going for tomorrow, Tuesday......An 'Ol Betsy' has been stripped of all her treasures........All the tools were laid-out  and I  took a gander at them......DSCN0327_zps2a374690.jpg........And that does not include the flashlight and a few others.........The tools that made the first round draft picks.....DSCN0338_zps94fa3daf.jpg...................The second round  picks, pretty much the rest that are needed but not  every call........DSCN0339_zps5671464a.jpg................The tool case Mod # 669ZT and tools........DSCN0334_zps85079d6e.jpg.......I do not think it is gonna work..............Well for now, I put together the case that will work for a while till I can order the Platt 651ZT and the two pallets.............DSCN0351_zps50b72bc4.jpg............The case is the computer case and the C.L.C. bucket tool carrier.....The two sections of the tool carrier are not attached, they get held in place when zipped-up.....The case  has pockets out side for the meters and I downsized the flashlight from an 18 volt Riobi to a little 100 lumen  flashlight...........The whole concept is to lighten the load and I figure that two lighter ones are better than one heavy one............ 

#5 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Holy Freakin Moly thats a lot of stuff!!! You could probably have a shoe shop sew the clc into the computer case. I will be interested to see how this works out for you.Like I said I am back in my # 1526 tool carrier and at least I can see what I've got.There is also a parts box in the bottom thats a life saver!Good Luck!

#6 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

"The Model CTG51 Diagnostic Tool Bag".  "Manufactured in the U.S.A. using recycled materials".  Cool.

#7 beam current

beam current

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Momma's homemade limeade. Served over crushed ice. Summertime classic.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

Hey ctg, what is that tool in between your meter and magnifying glass in the first round draft pick photo?

Awesome set-up btw. :thumbsup:

I think this will work. I once saw it on a cartoon.

#8 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

...  what is that tool in between your meter and magnifying glass in the first round draft pick photo?

the putty knife ? :whistling:
OR the telescoping mirror ?

OR the battery operated nut-driver ?

(second photo)

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#9 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

The tool is the Panasonic electric screwdriver..................That is about all it does..................If you have to remove a quantity of fasteners, say like on the rear panel of a range, that is all it does..........No drilling holes, no impact driver, just removing and reinstalling fasteners....................The  screwdriver is not manufactured any more.........The one pictured is 10 tears old.............When I discovered that the tool would be N.L.A.  ( about 6 years ago)  I purchased a new  driver with charger and two battery's.........................The battery's are still available.............Milwaukee Tools has the exact driver still, at least in their advertisements.....The Panasonic battery will fit the Milwaukee battery pocket, But, the Milwaukee's battery will not fit into the Panasonic................Both are  some thing like 2.4 volt  systems............Both fold to a 90 deg. for tight areas.... Down to 1 battery each, time to order 2 more..................

#10 beam current

beam current

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Momma's homemade limeade. Served over crushed ice. Summertime classic.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

Those tools are priceless. I used to have the Milwaukee driver in red.  Was great for working on aircraft in real tight quarters... behind dashboards, in tail sections, etc.  Good torque.  Sold it a long time ago.  It too is NLA.  Dammit, regret it every time I think about it.  Out of that industry now, but sure wish I still had it.

I use the Black and Decker LI2100 3.6v compact driver.  It was made in the U.S of A., when B&D were still decent quality tools.  It's been NLA for awhile now also.  Still going strong though.  Holds a charge for a long time.  Works great for appliance and AC repair.

I'm working out of a AWP open toolbag (10" X 9" X 10") with lots of pockets but it weighs about 300 lbs.  Can't get anymore in it and in the process of trying to find a suitable replacement.  Gonna head to Johnstone soon and check out the CLC bags.

What do you use for your specialty tools... tub wrenches, bearing tools, compressor test cord, etc?

Good luck.

I think this will work. I once saw it on a cartoon.

#11 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

Just wondering how it's going with your search. i ordered the smaller CLC back pack. Hope it will work out. I still have a Millwalkee screwdriver but I use a Black and Decker now. I also have a Ryobi and I do like the fact it does have an actual chuck so the bits won't fall out.I also have a bit that holes the roll pouch nut drivers.By the way I see the Maytag tool roll has gone up about $45.00. I guess we made to much fuss over how wonderful they are.Have a great week!

#12 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

Been kinda bizzy.......Have not had the time to call the shop I originally used to order the first bags........This temporary bag is the right size ( or close to it).....Just need a stiffener to keep the pouches a bit more rigid........................still trying to enhance another tech bag size with the new, unused C.L.C. backpak.........It is not the size of the tool, it is how you use it........... :groucho: .

#13 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Got the smaller CLC backpack and right now I am thinking its not so swell.If I had seen it in person I would have left it where it was. The pockets are not designed very well.Either too deep or not deep enough.It would be nice if the people making these things actually used them they might have a better understanding of what we need.But,....  they're making plenty of money making these things that wind up in an attic or at a yard sale. By the way ...........hows it working out with the bag you made?

Edited by wishfultech, 01 October 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#14 LI-NY Tech

LI-NY Tech

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Virgil's Cream Soda

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

The Home Depot brand electricians bag (http://t.homedepot.c...93N11/203222985) is working out great. It's the first time I actually have a place for everything.

- David
- RD Appliance Service, Corp.
http://www.rdapplianceservice.com

#15 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

That bag is like the CLC 1526 that I like. Everything is out in the open and the parts box is a life saver.They make a 1528 thats bigger but the 1526 is just right for my needs.Glad you found something that works!

#16 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

Still got that CLC backpack tool case for sale.....will take payments.. :thumbsup: .....That computer case and the 5 gallon bucket tool pouch is working better than I thought.......It took a while to get the tools in an orderly fashion and then when i pulled a few tools out , which pouch did they come from????........Only two times have I needed to go out to the service van to get the ' secondary  bag'.......( a stem seal kit with a main bearing kit job ) ..........The latest shortage of space was when I got the Milwaukee screwdriver and the matching flashlight ( the M12 series, See other post on the tools ).. )..............No place to put them....  Right now I slip them into an area that holds the small rubber mat (to place the tools on if I get a fancy surface that does not sit well with tools sitting on them.)...............The case does not lay flat on the floor   :confused: ..............And with a lighter case my left arm is now starting to retract to it's normal length... :tongue:  ..............Starting to look like a technician  than an Encyclopedia Britannica salesman..............

#17 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

If there is a shoe repair place near you, you might get them to fasten the tool holder to the case. There's nothing like good ole inginuity.

#18 completeapplianceservice

completeapplianceservice

Sōhei

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

This is what I use, I like the open top bags.

019374962401.jpg

#19 Thirstytech

Thirstytech

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Oberon

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

This is what I carry into the house every time, it fixes just about everything I encounter without running out to the truck for more tools.  Most times, usually........... :thumbsup:

photo_zps4d67e5cc.jpg

photo_zps5949cefb.jpg

#20 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

That's a nice set up.Looks like a pretty good assortment.Like the Veto. They are pricey but they are great bags.Thanks for posting the pictures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics