Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag MAH6500AWW lr

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DEW

DEW

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hello,

I recently got the Lr (locked rotor) code and my machine quits with 2 minutes to go when running the spincycle. It also is completley out of balance when running.

Tests I have done:

Membrane test - everybutton functioned fine

Quick Spin test - first test pushing the right buttons seemed to work but no speeds were shown. I have done this test a few more times and it does not always let me do the test( not sure if I have to lock and unlock the door each time) While I did access this test again it seemed to work but only after pushing the off button and nothing was lit up on the display I would have assumed it should have turned everything off. I had to physicaly unplug the cord. I had let run for over 5 minutes.

Motor control board output test - unplugged pwoer cord, unplugged JP4,  Plugged power back in (door was locked) entered service mode(delicates heavy soil) pressed rinse key it imediatly started to rotate slowy,

pressing stain cycle did nothing. According to the trouble shooting guide, it should start rotating when I press stain cycle.

Door lock tests where fine.

I am a little confused if it could be the conrtol board up top or a new motor and board for the motor could be the problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you Doug

I meant to add that it is unbalanced when clothes are in the machine I thought that could be do to the motor not getting up to speed

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

sounds like you may need a motor and controller for this .How are the tub bearings sounding? Any endplay,cachunk cachunck sounds when you wiggle the basket??

Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

#3 DEW

DEW

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Bearings sound fine, there is no play in wheel at all, it spins freely and smooth with the belt off.

thanks for the reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics