Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Mongram ZD0710K10SS dishwasher won't start

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 woodygg

woodygg

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

Our dishwasher just stopped working. All the lights seem to function properly and are acting normally. There was water left in the bottom of it as well.

I found the paper and have tried running the service mode.

When I activate the service mode, I hear a sound that sounds like the door is locking and the lights all light up for a bit then go off. When I push the various buttons to test each service mode item, the light comes on and I hear a click near the top of the door and then nothing (nothing for any of the button - nothing runs).

In addition, I took out the dishwasher and took apart quite a bit of the drain system, tubing, etc on the bottom and nothing was blocked. I checked the drain tube, the little red valve, etc.

I'm have a vom, and am comfortable with electronics, electrical, etc. so need some advice to hone in on the problem.

Thanks so much!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

... ZD0710K10SS

check that model number again ..

is there a letter missing ?

ZxD0710K10SS

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 woodygg

woodygg

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

check that model number again ..

is there a letter missing ?

ZxD0710K10SS

oops.. yes.  ZBD0710K10SS  thanks

#4 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Earl Grey

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

Is the door switch stuck?

#5 woodygg

woodygg

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Is the door switch stuck?

not sure, how would I check?

#6 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

There is no lock per se, rather there's a tab with a plastic block on it that sticks out at the top of the body of the DW. That engages a plastic plunger in the hole at the top of the door. That plunger activates 2 microswitches. If the block on the end of the tab isn't pushing it down right or the plunger is sticking those switches don't activate and nothing happens.

#7 woodygg

woodygg

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

There is no lock per se, rather there's a tab with a plastic block on it that sticks out at the top of the body of the DW. That engages a plastic plunger in the hole at the top of the door. That plunger activates 2 microswitches. If the block on the end of the tab isn't pushing it down right or the plunger is sticking those switches don't activate and nothing happens.

turns out that was exactly the problem!  the switch wasn't be depressed all the way anymore.  thanks!!!!

#8 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

No problem. Out of my 'flock' ('herd'?) of six or seven hundred of that style DW it's happened to me once or thrice...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics