Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
ReliableApp

Kitchen Aid Gas Cooktop KGCG260SWH4 - Need wire from Spark Module to Cerramic Ignitor

5 posts in this topic

The above cooktop is pretty old.  I replaced old Cracked ceramic ignitor.  However the wire that goes from the spark module to the ignitor was brittle and gunked up.  Since it was so old it seemed to crack internally so no spark to all 4 burners.  I shortened it up and it worked for a bit.  However D.C. (dear customer) called back and said there is no spark to all 4 burners again. 

Can someone enlighten me on what type/gauge wire to use that will carry the current properly since the old wire is NLA. 

Thanks in advance. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Any type of high temperature wire about 14-16 gauge.

I think it should be high-voltage wire,

such as a length of spark-plug wire,

may be available by the foot, at some auto service / parts supply.

Thank you.  I tried an extra piece of oven ignitor wire and that did not work.   It sparked the other 3 but the problem burner did not spark/light.  I noticed that with wire disconnected the the other three working ones did not spark at all - I assume all wires have to be connected to the spark module. 

Thanks for the advice!

when any Burner Switch is turned ON,

all (4) Burners should spark.

Try swapping one of the Spark Module "good" outputs,

with the "bad" output.