Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lsmith4

lsmith4

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

Hi

Ive have a frigidaire dishwasher FPHD2491kfo with flashing ER code no other code after - just ER.  other controls are flashing too (normal wash, add rinse aid (which I did). delay start and air dry) I can press other wash settings, and they just illuminate and go back to normal wash.  I have also taken door apart and checked ribbon cables that look fine -- any ideas

thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Provided the door switches check good and there is no following fault code displayed after "ER" it usually means a stuck key on the touch control.  In most cases the "ER" code is caused by the top membrane switch.  A quick way to test which membrane switch is bad:

With the "ER" fault code displayed, remove the top membrane ribbon from the control and then press the Start/Cancel pad.  In 5-10 seconds the "ER" code should clear and the display should be blank at this time.  Press the Start/Cancel pad once more, this will restart the previously selected cycle.  If the "ER" code does not clear or the unit does not start, replace the front membrane switch. 

#3 lsmith4

lsmith4

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

Thanks for your reply, could you tell me which one is the top membrane ribbon

#4 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

On your model it's the touch control on the top of the door.  The switch membrane is part of the console P/N 5304475578.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

Console:  http://www.repaircli...4475578/1565351

#6 lsmith4

lsmith4

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

got the unit apart and was able to disconnect the "black" ribbon cable but not either of the white ones (didnt want to yank) - pressed and held the start - nothin --  did i take off the correct ribbon?

?ui=2&ik=bebeb616fb&view=att&th=140ef10d1a3f326e&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-5Y2SSSlx0CmMyk-ErB7xv&sadet=1378400497235&sads=tIvCuxSgYAZqU5R46_w6pXZNdUE

#7 lsmith4

lsmith4

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Console:  http://www.repaircli...4475578/1565351

Sorry for my confusion!  Im not sure what to do now!! - there's a lot of wires and "ribbons" in there!  I disconnected the green ribbon with the black connector labeled 46/09 and nothing happened with the "ER" code- does this mean I need the front membrane switch?

?ui=2&ik=bebeb616fb&view=att&th=140f45d9900d1bcc&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

#8 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

?ui=2&ik=bebeb616fb&view=att&th=140ef10d1a3f326e&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-5Y2SSSlx0CmMyk-ErB7xv&sadet=1378400497235&sads=tIvCuxSgYAZqU5R46_w6pXZNdUE

?ui=2&ik=bebeb616fb&view=att&th=140f45d9900d1bcc&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

? ? ?

pictures inside your emails don't appear here

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#9 lsmith4

lsmith4

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

It was suggested to "remove the top membrane ribbon from the control and then press the Start/Cancel pad" it dont know which one it is!!!

#10 lsmith4

lsmith4

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

Sorry about the pictures - I could see them - anyway, -- Is the top membrane the touch keypad controls? also for a 
stuck key which part do I need to replace - the keypad or circuit boards 

5304475569 or 5304475571

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics