Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung dishwasher runs for hours, soap will not dispense

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AaronG

AaronG

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

Hi, my name is Aaron and I am new to the forum and was trying to seek some help with a problem we're facing with our Samsung dishwasher.  The model # is DMT800RHW.  Firstly, this is in a rental house so I have not looked at the dishwasher in person yet.  My tenant says the dishwasher will run for hours, which is not normal behavior.  She says the water DOES get hot and the soap dispenser door does not open.  So it's almost as if the cycle is stuck in some pre-rinse mode.  I researched other threads here and some ideas centered on the heater element or heater relay being bad but since the water gets hot that does not seem to be the issue here.  My gut feeling is the main board has an issue, as we had the board replaced once under warranty already.  I am not sure I want to spend money to get it fixed if that's the case.

Any ideas why this d/w would run non-stop for so long?  I appreciate any ideas you can share!

I was doing more research and apparently the "sanitize" option can be hours long, per Samsung's website. So maybe the tenant has the wrong setting chosen.  Time to pay them a visit.

http://answers.us.sa...s/questions.htm

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

Welcome, Aaron.  Since the main detergent dispenser on most dishwashers doesn't open until the last wash cycle it sounds like a thermostat or control issue with your unit, provided the heater and thermal cutout test good.  Even some normal cycles can take 2 1/2 - 3 hours depending on incoming water temperature.  Turbidity sensor may also extend cycle time so check other components and factors like prewash detergent usage that may affect washability.

#3 AaronG

AaronG

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

Thanks!  I read that the dispenser door can get stuck closed for various reasons, so I will look tonight and see if 1) it's stuck from soap residue or 2) the spring is broken.  If neither of those appear to be the problem, then I will have to assume it's some type of control issue.  

As an aside, this Samsung d/w has been nothing but trouble since we first got it.  It originally had a mad main board that would cause it to not work unless we flipped the circuit breaker.  Now this issue.  I've owned lesser dishwashers that performed better than this one.  

#4 AaronG

AaronG

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

As a follow-up so there is a log, I went by and inspected the dishwasher.  I first cleaned the soap dispenser door and holder thoroughly with an old toothbrush.  We ran the "quick' cycle and it went from Wash to Rinse and the soap dispenser door opened properly.  The water got hot (it was steaming when the door was opened), so hopefully that was the issue.  I assume the soap dispenser door not opening was keeping the cycle from moving along properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics